Looking for a Clean 5.0

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I'm looking to pick up a clean 5.0, 5 speed. It must be reliable enough to drive for a while till I can start building it, and most importantly the body and interior need to be in nice condition. Would prefer 94-95, but will definitely check out clean 87+ foxes as well. Looking to spend around 5k-6k and I'm ready to go.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
My buddy has a 93 GT convertible for sale with black leather interior and black roof. 5 speed. It runs pretty good and has some motor work done. Got some suspension work done to it as well. I know if you bring your own wheels for it you can get it even cheaper and he will keep the ones that are on it. If you are interested let me know and I will pass your # on to him. Its located in MA in the Quincy/Braintree/Weymouth area.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
damn, you shoulda made this thread a few months ago when i was trying to unload my cobra. i decided i'd miss it too much

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I know you don't want a Vert..but I am throwin it out there..see sig

89 LX.....144k....Vert...STOCK except full exhuast
body is clean, interior is cleaner

let me know if you are intersted

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
1988 4cyl converted to built 302/paxton,5 speed,6pt cage, maroon red/chrome wheels, turnkey

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I appreciate the pics....but it's a little out of my price range.

Guys.. I have been thinking about what I want to spend on a car when really everything is going to get replaced anyway. I am setting my limit at $4500. for the car.
I am sure someone will give more for a nice V8 5 speed coupe, but what's in the car right now isn't that important to me. Actually at this point I'm considering picking up a 4 cyl and doing the conversion since a 351W stroker is the plan.
It just wouldn't make sense for me personally to spend the extra dough on a V8 when everything will be swapped out anyway.
If someone has anything for the 4500. or less let me know.. Thanks

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I appreciate the pics....but it's a little out of my price range.

Guys.. I have been thinking about what I want to spend on a car when really everything is going to get replaced anyway. I am setting my limit at $4500. for the car.
I am sure someone will give more for a nice V8 5 speed coupe, but what's in the car right now isn't that important to me. Actually at this point I'm considering picking up a 4 cyl and doing the conversion since a 351W stroker is the plan.
It just wouldn't make sense for me personally to spend the extra dough on a V8 when everything will be swapped out anyway.
If someone has anything for the 4500. or less let me know.. Thanks

I would get the V8. They have dropped in price and then you have all the wiring and fuel lines for a V8. I imagine with a 351 stroker you would do your own fuel system. Either way the wiring is all their and ready to go. Saves you some time & aggravation. You could sell off what you don't use, like motor, trans, etc to recoup some of your expenses. You can't make much of 4 cylinder parts.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
Yeah your right about that. I have found a 94 GT and a 91 LX hatch 5.0 that are both in good shape and 5 speed cars. I need to decide which one I would want.

Mystic1199

Established Member
cant see how people cant like a nice vert ...nice day drop the top and cruise and get tons of attention ...i have owned all fox body styles and i a nice vert is tops with a gt hatch 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread