Looking for a 13gt Auto swap for my Shelby

KidMoney

Established Member
I'm looking for a complete setup. I can pay cash or work out a trade for the 6 speed in my Shelby. Thanks.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
how do u plan to make the trans shift. i don't think the stock shelby pcm can control auto functions since all are manual. and the 5.0 vs shelby motor have different calibrayions and firing orders. do you know more info. also if you have an 11 shelby, if it all works wouldn't you need an 11-12 gt stuff. i know the 13 auto is supposed to have more stuff in the calibration. David

KidMoney

Established Member
so...you can afford a shebly but want an auto.....wtf

Has nothing to do with what I can afford. It would be a lot faster, easier on parts, more consistent, handle more power, etc. I want the car to be fast.

KidMoney

Established Member
how do u plan to make the trans shift. i don't think the stock shelby pcm can control auto functions since all are manual. and the 5.0 vs shelby motor have different calibrayions and firing orders. do you know more info. also if you have an 11 shelby, if it all works wouldn't you need an 11-12 gt stuff. i know the 13 auto is supposed to have more stuff in the calibration. David

I'm looking into all this right now. Not too many people have any answers for me. I'm sure it can be done. The question I have is what's it gonna cost me? Lol.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
ford deff needs to do a auto in these cars, they will be alot faster, just look @ the auto in the nissan gtr and auto in the camaro zl1 and caddie ctsv, imagine how much faster even stock you can run with a new 2013 shelby with a 6-7 speed auto esp with paddle shifters :) I bet it would be a 10 sec car stock with an auto instead of mid to high 11's low 12's stock like people are running with the 6 speed manual its hard to launch it and get traction with 662hp with a 6 speed manual with f1 tires stock lol

KidMoney

Established Member
ford deff needs to do a auto in these cars, they will be alot faster, just look @ the auto in the nissan gtr and auto in the camaro zl1 and caddie ctsv, imagine how much faster even stock you can run with a new 2013 shelby with a 6-7 speed auto esp with paddle shifters :) I bet it would be a 10 sec car stock with an auto instead of mid to high 11's low 12's stock like people are running with the 6 speed manual its hard to launch it and get traction with 662hp with a 6 speed manual with f1 tires stock lol

I completely agree. I'm gonna figure out how to get it done.

D1coyote

Established Member
I'm looking for a complete setup. I can pay cash or work out a trade for the 6 speed in my Shelby. Thanks.

I have an upgraded trans package for sale on Modfords out of my 11 GT if you are interested. I have been 1.36/ 6.12/ 9.63 with this set-up. This is the same trans that Beefcake (9.03) and Chris Cruz (8.90's) are using.

Exedy/ Circle D Stg 2 6R80 Pckg

KidMoney

Established Member
Bump. Wish I had seen that before it sold. Doesn't have to be a 13 auto. I'd like to buy one as complete as possible, as in shifter and trans cooler lines etc. Convertor doesn't matter because I'm gonna buy a good one.

Last edited:

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Get a manual valve body 4L80E with the appropriate bellhousing or a TH400 with a Gear Vendors.

Its not hard, I converted my 03 Cobra with the Th400/Gear Vendors.

KidMoney

Established Member
I want it to go in, look, and drive like it came that way. I know it can be done. I just need to find out how.

jazz05

Established Member
I talked to Baumann last week they are talking maybe the end of the year for a standalone controller for 6r80 e trans , without that ... no worky!

KidMoney

Established Member
What all do you want? Shifter, trans, converter, driveshaft?

Yes. Everything, if it's a one piece driveshaft. Convertor is optional as well unless it's a circle d. But definitely shifter and all those pieces and trans cooler and lines. You can pm me if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread