Looking For 99-04 Wingless Trunk Lid

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
This was me a few years ago - eventually just gave up and bought a junkyard GT trunk lid with four holes in it for about $50, then paid to have the holes filled and the entire thing painted.

dwtjr3

Established Member
Im In the same boat as you school boy, I am wanting a black trunk lid with no hole.

If you dont mind me asking soccerman, how much did it cost you to get your trunk filled and painted? And can you still see the holes in certain light if you look hard enough?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I paid ~$50 for the trunk lid, it was grey in color with the standard four holes for the stock spoiler. Without digging out a receipt, I believe it cost me ~$500 to have the lid painted inside and out, plus get the four holes filled in. If the car is in direct sunlight and you catch it at the right angle, you can barely see the repair, and that has more to do with it being painted black. If it were any other color, I doubt you'd be able to tell much at all. The guy who did the work was upfront and honest, saying that there is no full proof way to repair it and him be able to guarantee you'd never see it. It doesn't bother me. Like the OP, I scoured eBay, forums, and Craigslist looking for a wrecked Bullitt or someone selling the trunk lid outright - gave up after a couple months.

dwtjr3

Established Member
I have a black car as well so Im guessing mine would be slightly visible as well then.

Ok thank you soccerman

Users who are viewing this thread