Looking for 3" catback exhaust that works with Dynatech headers and catted x-pipe

marsh2o

Established Member
I have a 2007 GT500 that I'm planning to add Dynatech headers and catted X-pipe to. My question is: will any aftermarket 3" GT/GT500 catback exhaust mate up with this header and X-pipe combination?

Currently, I'm running a stock exhaust with KR mufflers and I really like the sound. If possible, I'd like to find a 3" catback exhaust system that produces a comparable tone and noise level with headers. Any recommendations?

marsh2o

Established Member
Did you ever find what you were looking for?
Unfortunately, no. The problem turned out to be the Dynatech x-pipe, which is no longer available. I think my only alternative is going to have something custom fabricated, which is going to mean $$$. Ideally, I'd like to have an x-pipe made with the Kook's greencats (Harris County, TX still requires a tail pipe sniffer test as part of annual inspections) -- but not sure whether it makes more sense to buy a Kook's x-pipe and have it modified to mate with the Dynatech headers or purchase the cats separately and have the x-pipe fabricated from scratch. After that, I think that any 3" GT500 catback system should work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread