Looking for 2003-04 Saleen Cobra Convertible

89#709

Established Member
Hi I know what I am looking for is extremly rare. But if anybody knows anyone that has one of these cars that I could at least talk to I would appreciate it. It needs to be a convertible. I have looked at a Saleen Cobra Coupe that is on this site for sale #97 and it is absolutely gorgeous and I would have bought it. But I am really holding out for a convertible. I already have an 89 #709 coupe and its time to have a vert. By the way the Cobra Coupe that is for sale I have many pictures that the owner sent me as I was looking. He seemed to be a very good guy to work with and his price of 38,995.00 I thought was very failr. The car is redfire in color and is all original. His add is posted here in SVT, I am surprised he has not responded to people's interest. He responded to mine.

Well again if anybody knows anyone that has an 03 Saleen Cobra Convertible. I would like to talk to them. I can be e-mailed at [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

FASN8N

Established Member

s281cobra

Established Member
Heh, I'll never say never...........but it will take a significant amount of money to get 03-011 away from me................. :D

s281cobra

Established Member
some old pics.........

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_3890_sm.jpg

IMG_3825_sm.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Holy crap. That color is AMAZING! You have a saleen cobra with a CF lightbar and recaro seats? In that color? My dream car. Hands down.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
One day I will own that car, and if not that one, I will have a cobra fitted with a saleen body kit and painted in that color. Your car is AMAZING!! :bowdown:

89#709

Established Member
Thanks guys for the feedback, I have found a nice private sale Coupe but again no vert. I have looked on the sites you mentioned and will continue to look there. Yes Mark at Performance is also a good guy to deal with but even he has said its hard to find those cars. S281 Cobra, your car is beautiful. Do you know Randy in Lousiana that has the 03 Saleen Redfire Cobra coupe? He referenced your car when we were talking. Said how nice it was and how you paid like 15k extra for the LIzStick paint. Any thoughts on Randy, He seems like a good guy and trust worthy, just curious as I am looking at his car as a back up if I can't find a convertible. I may even wait until the prices of the Supercharged 05 verts come down a little on the used side. Anyways do you know anyway I can reach out directly to any other Saleen Cobra Convertible owners directly that you know? I have to assume you guys know who owns each car maybe? The Saleen history book doesn't identify the Cobra Owners I don't believe.
Well let me know. Thanks a lot for the responses. By the way, S281 Cobra what did you do with your seats and stock Rims? Also did you get the upgraded breaks and Maxi grip with your car? If you were to sell it what would you ask? What could I expect to pay for the Cobra Vert? I figured around 42K or so for a non upgraded paint car.. e-mail me at [email protected] if you dont want to publish $$.

FASN8N

Established Member
89#709 said:
Thanks guys for the feedback, I have found a nice private sale Coupe but again no vert. I have looked on the sites you mentioned and will continue to look there. Yes Mark at Performance is also a good guy to deal with but even he has said its hard to find those cars. S281 Cobra, your car is beautiful. Do you know Randy in Lousiana that has the 03 Saleen Redfire Cobra coupe? He referenced your car when we were talking. Said how nice it was and how you paid like 15k extra for the LIzStick paint. Any thoughts on Randy, He seems like a good guy and trust worthy, just curious as I am looking at his car as a back up if I can't find a convertible. I may even wait until the prices of the Supercharged 05 verts come down a little on the used side. Anyways do you know anyway I can reach out directly to any other Saleen Cobra Convertible owners directly that you know? I have to assume you guys know who owns each car maybe? The Saleen history book doesn't identify the Cobra Owners I don't believe.
Well let me know. Thanks a lot for the responses. By the way, S281 Cobra what did you do with your seats and stock Rims? Also did you get the upgraded breaks and Maxi grip with your car? If you were to sell it what would you ask? What could I expect to pay for the Cobra Vert? I figured around 42K or so for a non upgraded paint car.. e-mail me at [email protected] if you dont want to publish $$.

I would type up a letter and see if you can get Liz Saleen to foward it to the existing 03-04 Cobra Saleen owners and see if you get any feedback that way.

89#709

Established Member
Thanks FAS8N8, that is a pretty good idea. Would you suggest e-mail or snail mail? Does anybody have Liz's e-mail?

Thanks

s281cobra

Established Member
89#709 said:

Randy's a good guy, he just get's his numbers wrong sometimes.......G..........it was only $6K more for the Saleen custom paint.

I haven't seen a speedster being resold anywhere as of yet, only coupe's, and it might be a while before anyone comes on the market, as there were only 15 total for the 03/04 model years. So you'll just have to be very patient.

As for my car, the wheels left pretty much right away, the cobra seats got pulled about a year ago...........neither the Maxi-grip nor the upgraded brakes were offered as options on the Saleen Cobras.

I don't really know what I'd ask for it if I were to sell it............It's kind of difficult to price it as there are only two 03/04 Saleen Cobra's painted in the custom colors, mine and a Coupe that was painted in Extreme Rainbow.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I know of someone with a Yellow Vert. Screen name is BUNKY. Doubt he'd ever sell but may be willing to offer advise

Hey there did you find a s281/cobra-rag-top yet. If not mind is still aviable if you decide you want a coupe. 2003-S281Cobra#97-REd-Fire-Coupe.
337-988-0799-Home--337-230-3513-Cell--Lets talk !!!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
would you look at that, one pops up!

I have seen the Xtreme Rainbow coupe in Person, it is now turbo-charged.

Teal93

hey my budy has the only sonic blue vert built. 03 #251 but said that it would take alot of money to have the car part with him. I have kept a eye on these cars and all the 03 cuopes have been up for sale and sold except for randys. There was a white one in cal for sale for a long time i think it finaly sold. I have not seen any 03 verts for sale or 04 coupes or verts for sale. So good luck with the find. I realy want one of the misty chrome coupes that were built in 04 or the only comp orange coupe that was built. these cars are like a needle in a hay stack. I realy love randys car but I am currently selling my 01 saleen coupe and trying to buy a house right now or else I would buy randys car.
Later

89#709

Established Member
Hey 2 Blown93's Thanks for the heads up on your Friends Sonic Blue Convertible Cobra . Any way I could talk to him to see what his thoughts are with regards to selling it? Do you know how many miles he has on it , any mods things like that.. Did you know there was a Competetion Orange Saleen S281 Speedster on E bay. Not a Cobra but still pretty nice if that is a color you want. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread