Looking at going with Procharger F2M Cog

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
So I have my car up for sale (96 Cobra), even though I really don't have to sell it. With this crappy economy I figured that if it doesn't sell that I'd keep it but add some goodies to her.

I had a 98 Cobra that had a D1sc Procharger and loved it so I'm planning on going with Procharger again. My 93 LX had a Paxton SN-89 that had a cog setup and want to go with that again. Would be looking in the 20#+ area on the F2M.

Now I'll admit that I don't know a ton about modular cars and was looking for suggestions as to what type of fuel system you think I should be running with a F2M. I'm looking at something between 600-700rwhp.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
For 600-700 rwhp the F2M may be a bit much. Honestly you could make those numbers using an F1 and an 8 rib pulley set up. With an F2M you would have to be running about 30+ psi of boost to get the most out of that blower. Its sooooo huge and takes a lot of hp to spin it. I would suggest contacting House of Boost. They have a website and one of the memebers Erik Andre I believe was his name had a 97 Cobra with an F2M. His made over 700 rwhp. They would be able to point you in the right direction and they sell brackets and cog set ups for the F1 and F2M for 96-98 Cobras.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Reason I was saying F2M is because I could get it cheaper than a F1A.

:dw:..........I assume you know someone selling an F2M? Honestly an F2M would scream I'm a bad ass, and I would be jealous, but, it will be a bit much. F2M's are capable of 1000 rwhp and can generate something like 45-50 psi. Its overkill especially if you have any plans of this car being a streetable car.

WDW MKR

Established Member
+1 on all the above. If you're wanting bigger than the F1A, the F1C is as large as I would probably go on a small-cube 4V street car. You definitely don't need the F2M for a 600-700rwhp setup.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
+1 on all the above. If you're wanting bigger than the F1A, the F1C is as large as I would probably go on a small-cube 4V street car. You definitely don't need the F2M for a 600-700rwhp setup.

I can actually get the F1C for under $4k but would be a 8rib setup.

Both the F2M and F1C are new kits and both at really good prices.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I can actually get the F1C for under $4k but would be a 8rib setup.

Both the F2M and F1C are new kits and both at really good prices.

Where are you mounting the blower? If it's on the passenger side, next to the head, the 8-rib would likely be plenty and create less headache. You should only need 20psig or less for you goal. The 8-rib can likely handle that with a good tensioner and proper belt alignment.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Don't listen to this Satan's Snake guy!

He knows that you can make that kind of power because I had a D1sc on my car before. You won't talk me into a D1sc!

F1A at minimum.

As for the position of the s/c, if I were to go ribbed it would be passenger side (where my D1 was) but if I went cog, it'd of course would have to be driver side.

Satan's Snake

Established Member
Yes you can make 600-700 rwhp using a D1SC. Hell there are a few people making 750+ rwhp using a D1SC.

I thought so I was just checkin

Don't listen to this Satan's Snake guy! cuz he's right and I don't want to admit it!

He knows that you can make that kind of power because I had a D1sc on my car before. You won't talk me into a D1sc!

F1A at minimum.

As for the position of the s/c, if I were to go ribbed it would be passenger side (where my D1 was) but if I went cog, it'd of course would have to be driver side.

I don't know how your computer always leaves the import stuff that you type out but I took care of it for ya:poke:

and what type of fuel mods is venomous lookin at for an F1. would 2 Ford Supercar pumps work with a dual fuel hat and possibly the 80lbs from tousley??? what else would he be lookin at?

WDW MKR

Established Member
and what type of fuel mods is venomous lookin at for an F1. would 2 Ford Supercar pumps work with a dual fuel hat and possibly the 80lbs from tousley??? what else would he be lookin at?

That setup will work great, though you'll also need a dual FPDM harness or upgraded Zone 5 single FPDM. I prefer the dual setup and have it on my car. You'll likely also need a BAP. I was too close for comfort without it and have since installed the dual channel 20A GT500 unit.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
So I was looking into the pricing and all I see is 98/99+ pricing for the FPDMs. I know there is a difference between the 96/97 Cobras and the late 98 Cobras fuel systems. So I'm I gathering that I am going to have to convert my return style system to a returnless system if I go with the FPDM?

This is so much more different from when I used to modify the hell out of my s/c fox body.

Satan's Snake

Established Member
check out lethal performance, I just saw a thread in the maca section about a Twin Turbo build up and he listed quite a bit of his fuel system, and I believe he got most of it from there. looked SOOOO bad ass.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Faster than what GT's

Considering what is all done to my car, atm...You do have to admit that she is pretty damn fast. From a roll, yes your supercharged gt will pull on me. But you did see how much I pulled when we went at it from the dig.

Can't wait to possibly add another procharger =)

Users who are viewing this thread