Looking at going Steggy:

JHC95

Established Member
I'm really interested in possibly doing a stage 6 or 7 port through steggy. I'm also interested in their snikebite kit, dragon TB/plenum, and possibly their venom cooler. How reliable are these ported blowers? If anybody has had experience with these blowers please give me some input. Thanks! Jake.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your best bet might be searching through the Terminator section. I'm sure whatever questions you can think of have probably been covered at some point.

If it were me I'd put the money towards a twin screw. Skip the port.

speeddisorder

Established Member
I have a stage 7. I went from 417 to 513 at 14 pounds and 19 degrees of timing. I backed it off to 17 degrees and it made 491. This is on a mustang dyno. The port is alot of fun for not alot of cash.

JHC95

Established Member
I'm not looking to make huge numbers so around 500 would be the optimal number for me, not to mention it's relatively cheap.

khaos

Established Member
I have the snakebite kit on my car with the venom cooler - no issues to date. Car made 541HP on 17lbs of boost.

prn1972

Established Member
From my understanding they don't do the Snakebite gear drive anymore.

But I have only seen good work come from his shop.

Last edited:

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Jake,
They do great work and for a good price. However, IMO the best bang for the $$$ is saving your money and going with some sort of twin screw. I had one of their ported blowers, and it made good power, but it was still the inefficient Eaton rotors at the end of the day. I switched to a Gen 2 Whipple 2.3 and the power difference, as well as the lower IAT2 was significant. You say your shooting for 500 RWHP...trust me, it's like sex, you can't get enough and you'll want more.

JHC95

Established Member
You're right haha. Boost is addicting. Looks like I'll just save and go 2.3 TVS route. Thanks for the input!

bigmoose

Established Member
I've had two ported blower cobras. On my third with a kenne bell. Take my advice and save for a twinscrew.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There are two kinds of people with ported blowers. Those that have gone twin screw and those that want to go twin screw. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread