Looking at an '01 Tuesday, any tips

WRXagon

Established Member
I'm driving 2 hours to see it, and if I like it I'll be taking it home with me. Anyone have a checklist of common problems I should be looking at? Thanks.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Listen for any ticks or knocks. Let it warm up to as close to operating temperature as you can to listen for noises. Make sure everything works, radio, windows etc.

Good luck!

WRXagon

Established Member
Well, I ended up getting it after all. It's not perfect, but I can deal with that for the price. I have a few more questions, though. First, apparently the fog lights have been discontinued by Ford, so do you guys know of anywhere I can get them or a decent aftermarket solution> second, there's a clunking noise sometimes when I release the clutch and put it into gear. Any idea what's causing it?

zPipes

Established Member
All parts are discontinued after 10 years. So now your on the aftermarket action lol. A few decent sites, the more reasonably priced is AmericanMuscle.com you can also check out LethalPerformance.com and another one thats coming more into play is LateModelRestoration.com. You could also call to your local junk/salvage yards regularly to see what if they gotten any in, then you can go raid them lol. I've had no such luck yet though.

Congrats on the car, welcome to the Cobra forums.

WRXagon

Established Member
Ah, so I bought it at the perfect time! I'll check out those sites, would they also have a cobra emblem for the grill area? I'm needing one of those as well.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ah, so I bought it at the perfect time! I'll check out those sites, would they also have a cobra emblem for the grill area? I'm needing one of those as well.

Congrats on the purchase. I picked mine up from ebay.

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
The "clunk" you hear on shifting is the rear differential bushings - two on the lower part of the pumpkin (easy to replace) and the third one is on the rear side and is NOT easy to replace but is the one that needs to be replaced. You do have to drop the pumpkin to do it. Replace with delrin or, like I did, with poly - no more clunk. The IRS subframe bushings also need to be replaced with poly and the correct 14mm front bolts, which Ford did NOT install.

Good luck. Mine has 65,000 miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread