Looking at a mustang, need opinions/advice

shamrock216

Established Member
I'm going to look at this Mustang on Sunday if our schedules match up. Im taking a friend with me that is much more knowledgeable than me so that should help. I just wanted to here some opinions and hear any advice on what to consider and look for...

Here are the details..
1999 Silver Mustang GT with an 04 cobra conversion. The car has approx. 132,000 miles on it. Cobra block and internals have about 10k miles on it. Heads and intake came off of a brand new 04 Mach 1 crate motor. T-56 6-Speed. 12 lbs Pro Charger with 3 core inter cooler. All of this was done about 2 years ago. The Mach 1 parts, Pro-Charger, and T-56 were brand new going in. The Cobra block had about 4k miles on it. Pro-Charger had 3 year extended warranty on it. So basically the entire drivetrain is new. I have the dyno sheets, and a clean carfax report. Has never been wrecked.

Car puts down 443 with pump gas on conservative tune. Race gas and aggressive tune puts down over 450hp. That’s about 500hp at the crank.

Car also has complete set of 03-04 cobra leather and suede seats. MP3 Sony CD, Ford factory alarm. Title in hand.

Other mods include

K&N air-filter
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit
Steeda Sub-Frame Connectors
Steeda 3-Bolt Caster Camber Plates
Ford Racing 3.55' rear end gear set
Ford Racing Aluminum Fly Wheel
Ford Racing 39# injectors (Blue)
BBK 1.5” Hi-Performance Lowering Springs
BBK Heavy-Duty Upper & Lower Control Arms
BBK Ceramic Coated Long tubes
Tokico Illumina 5-Way Adj Front Struts
Tokico Hi-Performance Rear Struts
Ram HD Performance Clutch Kit
160 Degree Thermostat
2000 Mustang Cobra R hood
9 qt High Performance Oil Pan
SCT Performance Chip
Cobra Brakes with Red Power Coated Calipers
13” Power Stop Rotors
Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Comes with extra rims with 2 275/40/ZR17 Nitto 555R Extreme Drag Radials and new 5 inch autolight tach that matches the side pods.

Only interior problems are worn carpet around the pedals and needs new trunk mat.

There are a few rock chips on the hood. Will need an alignment and front tires.

Runs fantastic, sounds awesome, a/c and heat work great, has all the options, power everything, tilt, cruise, etc. I calculated the mileage on the highway and it got around 22-23 mpg.

Price is firm at $10,500, no trades, no free rides. This car will get squirrely in 1st,2nd, and 3rd easily.

Craigslist ad...
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/886747619.html

99driversside.gif

99passside.gif

I apologize to the owner if this causes any problems for you, I didnt see it listed on this forum for sale so I figured you were not on here..

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
wow, IF that is all true, it sounds like a steal to me.

A decent gt will run you that much alone.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
The price sounds about right for this market. You have to understand you never get anything out of all the parts you've invested in the car. The only thing that will push others away is the 132xxx miles. Although the drivetrain is all fresh which would be a selling point to us car junkies.

shamrock216

Established Member
I guess you didn't get the SRT-10?

You guessed wrong! I already sold the damn thing! Crazy! I had it about 3 months. It was a nice truck but a little too expensive and I was ready for something different.
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

How is the Lightning treating you? Had it at the track yet?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
price looks awesome, and if your worried about milege you could always take the drivetrain out of that car down the road, car sounds like it was built nicely and there is no way you could build that car for that price

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
That's about what I'm looking at spending on my total swap, and I did it "on the cheap." So yeah, I'd say it's a good deal.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
You guessed wrong! I already sold the damn thing! Crazy! I had it about 3 months. It was a nice truck but a little too expensive and I was ready for something different.

How is the Lightning treating you? Had it at the track yet?
Wow. Are you going for a record? :lol1:

And, no. I don't think I am meant to go to the track. Everytime I am thinking about going, something comes up. But I am about to order a new valve body, so I am not going until after that is installed for sure.

Good luck on your next vehicle! Sounds like you need to snatch this one up while its still around.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
wow, IF that is all true, it sounds like a steal to me.

A decent gt will run you that much alone.

Bluebook on a 99 GT with 130,000 miles in excellent condition is only $6800, and that is suggested retail, while wholesale is $4500.

shamrock216

Established Member
Luckily I can get the loan value on it as if its a Cobra since the bank wont know the difference.. As long as the title says V8 Mustang I'll be fine. Loan value on a 99 Cobra is $9875 (NADA). To me, its worth it since I wont have to spend any money out of my pocket for mods. Sure I could buy a nice 99 Cobra for 9 grand but then I'd have to spend a butt load $$$ to get the horses up!

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
Bluebook on a 99 GT with 130,000 miles in excellent condition is only $6800, and that is suggested retail, while wholesale is $4500.

A lot of places( banks, credit unions, and other such lending places) go off of the blue book values or the NADA value. Banks don't care what kind of mods are done to the car or how rare it is.

Still sounds like a hell of a deal. I'd be all over it like stink on shit!

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Man that srt that you had looked good, Iam a Lightning man myself, but thats a good looking truck. Sounds like a deal on the Stang.

shamrock216

Established Member
Man that srt that you had looked good, Iam a Lightning man myself, but thats a good looking truck. Sounds like a deal on the Stang.

Thanks! Ya, I think the truck looked better than a Lightning and the 6-speed stick sure made it fun! You sure dont see too many trucks like that cruising around. I really miss the whine of a supercharger though:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread