Looking at a 93 few Q's

Trainman

Established Member
I found a 93 Cobra local to me for $8,990 by owner. The car has 119k on it and from the pics it looks real clean. He is the second owner and has owned the car for 10 years. Is this a fair price or should I talk him down? The only mods are 373 gears and exhaust. Btw its teal with grey leather. I'm going to try and hook up with him and take a look at it this weekend, just wanted to get some of your advice before I go making offers. Thanks

laz2447

Established Member
To me, these cars are worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

What do you want to do with it? Drive it to work, just to have it, race it, drive it for 6 months and sell it?

The price sounds low compared to what others are going for, but without pictures and a real fair look at the car its hard to say. 119k is pretty high miles, but again it only matters really for what you want to do with it.

Plenty of better people here with an idea of what the car is worth in todays market, but it sounds like an "ok" deal to me. If you have the funds, why not get another toy? :)

Btw, it can never hurt to talk him down in price haha...

Last edited:

Trainman

Established Member
I always wanted a 93 Cobra, I have had several GT foxes. I will drive it for awhile then turn it into a drag car. When I look at it I will take some pics and post them up for sure.

Trainman

Established Member
Btw, it can never hurt to talk him down in price haha...[/QUOTE]

Just depends on how bad he wants it gone!;-)

laz2447

Established Member
I will drive it for awhile then turn it into a drag car.
In that case drive it until the wheels fall off then start over from scratch with your drag car. :rockon:

Also, the price seems fair for the miles, but as the other person stated it's ok to haggle. :beer:

I agree. :thumbsup:

If your gonna make it a drag car anyways, talk him down as low as he will go and grab it up. Drive it and enjoy it as you see fit.

You will always be able to find someone to buy a '93 Cobra, no matter what is done to it or how much you modify it or change about it. Just keep all the oem stuff off of it and store it away.

Like I said, if money isn't much of a object...grab it up and add it to list of cars you have owned in your life.

Gecko86

Established Member
Why a 93 Cobra for a Drag Car?That just seem like a dumb idea from the start..for that just buy a GT,LX and do what you have to do_On the other hand yeah it sounds like a good idea ,do it so thatwe can scratch another Cobra off the list and increase the value of my car.

Trainman

Established Member
Why a 93 Cobra for a Drag Car?That just seem like a dumb idea from the start..for that just buy a GT,LX and do what you have to do_On the other hand yeah it sounds like a good idea ,do it so thatwe can scratch another Cobra off the list and increase the value of my car.

Its not like its a mint low mileage 93 cobra, so who cares. Just trying to do something a little different.

Last edited:

wicked90lx

Established Member

hes right:burn: who cares what the vin says to make a track car thats what cheap 4cyl are for.... i dont care if it has a BBC in it as long as it goes fast!:banana:... but cobras are rare no matter shape they are in.

kbillan

Established Member
Sounds like a decent price to be honest. I just bought a teal myself.

I am in the boat that you shouldn't molest the cobra though. There are plenty of GTs and LX's out there that would do just as well- at a fraction of the cost.

I have a carfax account for another few days-- send me the vin and ill tell you all about it. Send link to the ad!!

OH== heck, i just remembered= your in Ohio... there is a black car in the mansfield area with 120k on it, its a little rough around the edges.. no no.. its a lot rough around the edges.. BUT- all matching numbers, all original down to the CATS.... just has flowmasters.. I had him talked to 6500.00.. But i wanted a cleaner car. and TEAL was my goal.

If i had an extra 6500.00 i would go back today. Keep in mind- it needs attention and i am in NO way vouching for the car.

i just looked at the Ad-- it sold...

Black 93 Cobra California Car - StangNet Mustang Classifieds

Users who are viewing this thread