Looking at a 14 GT500

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
You can polish the matte black stripes; and wax them; and ceramic coat them.

I was hesitant to do mine initially but they were pretty torn up (visually) from the previous owner so i figured if it came out like poo I'd just remove and paint them on; no issues so far; they don't react the same to polish/wax/coating as matte black paint does (i.e., they remain matte black, no shiney spots)

ok

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just picked it up this afternoon. Everything checks out. Couldn’t be happier honestly. I’m actually blown away. Incredible car. Looking forward to hanging out in this section.

Edit: crappy iPhone pic. Going to get to paint correction and ceramic coated next spring (any suggestions in the Denver metro area?)

View attachment 1666717

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Congrats on your new Shelby. Great looking car, sub'n for more pics!

TorinoCobra

Established Member
IMG_0228.jpg

TorinoCobra

Established Member
Dude you stole my car(LOL) I purchased the same car 1 year ago last week. Black 2014 w/PP, Electronics Pkg. and Recaros. Purchased from dealer with 5500 miles on the clock. Previous owner did paint correction with ceramic coating( lines on hood and roof are cable wires to my house) All stock. Love the car and the look of the black with black stripes. Good luck with your purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread