Lookin to buy a project (65-68 mustang)

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
I'm savin my pennies... lookin to get an old rust bucket. Something that's not a pile of rust but maybe needs floor pans, quarter panels, etc. How much do you think I should expect to pay for the car?

I want the experience of welding and cutting and painting and building. I want it all. Also, if anyone is in the East TN area and knows where something in my interests sits, let me know!!

Last edited:

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
Actually the thing that kills me about the fastbacks is how god awful the rear window is. 65-68 is bad, 69-70 is bad, and 71-73 is horrid.

I just want an old coupe thats been sitting for awhile.

The cheapest I've found so far is $2,000 I'd really like to spend about $1200-1500 if I can.

nhancedsvt

Established Member
67 fastback is my dream car. my dad had a silver one as his first car and just from his stories i would love to have one. hmmmm.... i also have a silver mustang. coincidence? NAH!!!!

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
The cheapest I've found so far is $2,000 I'd really like to spend about $1200-1500 if I can.

Thats really not a bad price, do you plan on replacing the drive train? Being you prefer the coupe you are at an advantage, there are more of them and they can be a little less expensive to pick up, and personally, they are the ones I like. I have a 65 coupe that had a 6 in it, I pulled it out and upgraded the drive train to a 351 cleveland with a C4 and 9in rear. It really wasn't too expensive especially if you do most of the work yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread