Looked at a new 2002 RSX type S.....

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
It was a beautiful car.Fell in love when I saw it.Was thinking about selling my truck and getting the car.Which means the wife would get the Acura and me the Tour.Which is Completely fine with me.We decided to wait till we buy a house then seriously consider it.I'm glad we didn't test drive or we would have it right now.The same night We ran across one on the highway,two college kids trying to mess with me .I told the wife we can find out what they got right now,but the little one was in the back seat so no go.It is a very nice car,hate to say.For a two door it had tons of room in the backseat.it blew my mind.Check one out sometime,you might be impressed.

Green SVT

Established Member
RSX

Actually, I wasn't that impressed. Just got the wife an Acura 3.2TL Type-S in January. Really nice car. I figured I would go check out the RSX. Just wasn't the same. Seemed like a stripped down sports coupe. In all fairness I still liked it. Except for the fact that I've seen them trap at higher speeds in the quarter than my SVT. I say go for it.

-R-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Personally I really dare care for them....aren't they slower than the CSVTs?

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
if I could have drove it I could tell you,but the little girl was with me and the wife.Salesman offered I told the wife to go ahead but she knew if she did we would own it right now.I really loved the interior.It's probably quicker off the line or light to light.Other than that a TOUR could take em.I don,t believe they could hang from a roll.I messed with the guy on the interstate at first,He was dropping gears and I stayed in 5,he didn't gain an inch.If I would of dropped That would have been all she wrote.Like I sayed kid was in the car.

TIAMAT

Established Member
The rsx type-s is faster than the contour svt. I remember when my wife had her 00' svt contour, the first time we test drove it i crapped my pants because the motor sounded so cool. The rsx type-s motor sound better up in the rpm's. The look of the rsx does nothing for me. It would be a nice daily driver. For the same money i could get a loaded stang gt instead. I'd stay with FORD.:dw: :rolleyes: :coolman: :lol1: :eek:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The cars are fairly evenly matched in acceleration.

Both low 15's @90-92 stock.

SVT has more torque & a broader powerband. Though it suffers from more weight.

The SVT definitely handles better.

Green SVT

Established Member
The RSX I saw at the track was running about 15.1@92-93. I usually trap about 86mph. The only modded SVT I've seen at this track trapped 91mph. As far as I know that RSX had nothing done to it. I was definitely impressed.

-R-

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Why do you trap at only 86mph? Staying in 3rd?

A stock SVT should trap around 89-91mph depending on year and weight.

I trap at nearly 96mph. :D :burnout:

ERIK R DEVICK

Established Member
94 mph ...and i took a while to get to that point....
..Demon svt ...tou must tweek your car even in your sleep....:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by DemonSVT
Why do you trap at only 86mph? Staying in 3rd?

A stock SVT should trap around 89-91mph depending on year and weight.

I trap at nearly 96mph. :D :burnout:
My car seems to fall on its face middle of third gear. I shift to fourth just before I pass through the traps but the car doesn't feel like it's accelerating anymore.

-R-

chrisilversvt

Established Member
i test drove a rsx,and was not impressed at all..didn't really like anything about it....and i most certainly wasn't impressed with the one i waxed in my 93 stang(about 2 car lengths)i know some of you might say i'm comparing apples to oranges comparing a stang to a rsx,but if he wants to try to run with me he's gonna get shown whats up by a 10 yr old car that only costed about $15 grand new,and only has a few basic bolt on mods...:p

FMOS Racing

Established Member
I thought about trading my '99 CSVT on a RSX-S until I did a test drive. After the test drive it's my opinion that the RSX-S doesn't have a single thing on the CSVT. I kept the Contour, thanks.

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
The RSX I saw at the track was running about 15.1@92-93. I usually trap about 86mph. The only modded SVT I've seen at this track trapped 91mph. As far as I know that RSX had nothing done to it. I was definitely impressed.

-R-
I trapped 91.6 I think with just cracked secondaries and a KKM. Then the diff went and now I am skeered to go back even with quaife.:chicken:

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I really liked the the one I test drove, Great gear box, great interior very impressive little car...... I gotta check out the SVT Contour I have yet to drive one......I like 4 doors better......I so gather since you guys can beat RSX's the Integra GSR aren't real big comp to the 'tours?

chrisilversvt

Established Member
Originally posted by Dustyn
I trapped 91.6 I think with just cracked secondaries and a KKM. Then the diff went and now I am skeered to go back even with quaife.:chicken:

all it will take for you is one trip through the twisties in a csvt,and you'll be hooked...by all means test drive one if you ever get the chance...it is by far the nicest 4 door i've ever driven..:)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IIRC a properly driven GSR runs mid/high 14s? Most CSVTs run mid15s, some low 15s, and very very few high 14s.

Originally posted by Badasp5.0
Integra GSR aren't real big comp to the 'tours?

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
IIRC a properly driven GSR runs mid/high 14s? Most CSVTs run mid15s, some low 15s, and very very few high 14s.
I've never heard of any stock GSR being that fast. Mid to high 15s is what I've heard. I've yet to see a stock one out here get out of the 16s.

-R-

chrisilversvt

Established Member
i think your right 15's sounds right to me...but like with any car a few mods,and a good driver who knows....but stock gsr's are in the 15's iirc...

Users who are viewing this thread