Look at what I brought home yesterday

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
It's not a Cobra but it's what I have been looking for and I found it local finally.

IMG-20110630-00119.jpg

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Excellent find Jason, good luck with your new toy it looks great from the picture.:banana:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Please tell me your going to repaint it and change the wheels.

Nope! It's going to stay Mellow Yellow for a while and the wheels will stay until I do a 5 lug conversation

Good thing it's my car and I dont care what color it is right now or what wheels are on it. The body is straight and the motor is fine for now

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Nope! It's going to stay Mellow Yellow for a while and the wheels will stay until I do a 5 lug conversation

Good thing it's my car and I dont care what color it is right now or what wheels are on it. The body is straight and the motor is fine for now

Tell me more! :thumbsup:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I like the paint job. The wheels not so much. But I am with you Jason, leave 'em until you do the 5 lug conversion. When you're ready for wheels, get in touch with Dragon40K, Rodney, he has a nice looking set of wheels that he got for a reasonable price from Discount Tire Direct. They would look great on a fox.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Congrats!!!! Looks like you have a good foundation to start from. Must feel great to be back!:rockon:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Nice man! Congrats

Thanks Jose

Tell me more! :thumbsup:

Nope! It's a secret

I like the paint job. The wheels not so much. But I am with you Jason, leave 'em until you do the 5 lug conversion. When you're ready for wheels, get in touch with Dragon40K, Rodney, he has a nice looking set of wheels that he got for a reasonable price from Discount Tire Direct. They would look great on a fox.

Found a 8.8 rear with Moser axles and 31 spline ready to bolt right in. Love it that parts are so cheap

I have seen that car before, not in person but I saw it forsale. It was pretty reasonably priced if I remember.

Let me know what you need for it: [email protected]

Later

I got a good deal after some that I looked at Jason. Body is straight, frame isnt twisted up and brand new tires. Motor needs some going over but the Mayor isnt far away

Congrats!!!! Looks like you have a good foundation to start from. Must feel great to be back!:rockon:

Feels great to be back in a Mustang. It's a good starting point and I am not worried about babying it or the kids tearing it up

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Just sanded and primed the front lower valance. It was torn apart from hitting speed bumps and curbs. Hopefully I can get a coat of paint on it tonight

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The body of the car looks to be in great shape...Is she stock? What are your plans?

Thanks, Mellow Yellow has a pretty straight body. I havent found any rust yet. It has some bolt-ons and there is NOS lines run and a bottle in trunk. i'm unsure of the if it has any head work or rear end upgrades. It has springs, shocks and MAC dumps form what I have found. It has a small cam and larger radiator

Plans are to leave it for now until I can do a 5 lug conversation, and get the suspension ready for a turbo kit. I figure I'll pop the motor and then rebuild. I am going to keep the stock interior and re-paint keeping it more of a sleeper. Too bad Notchback's dont scream sleeper anymore.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Twenty-footer is boat talk. Must be Ford's version of a whale tale.

The one and only regret I have with my old car was a procharger. I would do that over a turbo if I ever go back to Amuricun Muscle.

Congrats. Looks fun. Need a hand poppin the motor? I can bring lil red out and meet you on fitty.

Evan5469

Established Member
408 + turbo = A lot of fun out on 50.

Seriously though, it looks great Jason. I hope you enjoy it. One thing's for sure it will definitely be kept extremely clean. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread