Look at what haPPen to my motor.

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
After long miles and abuse, one of my lifter broke and the cam pimp broke to.
Since Jay@Realstreetperformance decide it to take the engine out of the car, and go thru it to make sure there is no other damage. I decide to chance to a different cam, lifters and again turbo . With the help Hector CFM for getting me a good deal on my parts like he been doing since, I bouth my mustang. We came out with a lil different combo to try to make 800+ on low boost and pump gas.
Let see what Rolo at CFT can do with the tunning.

Lifters
Picture025.jpg

Motor going back together by the master doing his magic.
Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

My old and new Bigger Turbo
Picture020.jpg

My car waiting on me to beat on her.
Picture027.jpg

Real Street Performance shop.
Picture026.jpg

Look at his good looking guys at CFM.

Picture030.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.
I have to posted this pics.

I will dyno my car at CFT dyno day on May 17.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Willie!! Que pasa brother!? I was wondering where you've been...sorry to hear about the engine damage. I'm sure it will come back and be stronger than ever. I see Jay's shop is busy. :rockon:

What's up with Tim's car? Why is it in the shop?

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I never saw a lifter break like that before. Sounds like you will have a stout mill when you're done.

airjon23

Established Member
Sucks about the failure.

That type of roller failure isn't too uncommon in diesels...extended use with high soot levels in the oil often cause that type of roller failure. This exact fail mode has been duplicated on a spintron tester with about 10% soot levels in the oil. Not really sure what a cause would be in a gasoline application unless the lifter turned.

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
Sucks about the failure.

That type of roller failure isn't too uncommon in diesels...extended use with high soot levels in the oil often cause that type of roller failure. This exact fail mode has been duplicated on a spintron tester with about 10% soot levels in the oil. Not really sure what a cause would be in a gasoline application unless the lifter turned.

I had this roller for like 7years.

qkslvr221

Established Member
Jay runs a damn good shop, I have trouble trusting any others after having him work on mine!

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
Jay runs a damn good shop, I have trouble trusting any others after having him work on mine!

Agreed 150%

He been working om my car for years. I will only thrus him with my car. When a guy can build daily driver that makes over 1100hp that you can beat on it without breaking. He earns my respect.

Users who are viewing this thread