Longtubes question...

pottsy

Established Member
I am thinking about buying longtubes in the very near future but I have a couple of concerns. First, I have a Bassani Catted X-pipe and a Borla XR1 catback, and like the idea of not having to change that. How much power gain would I get putting shorties on the current setup I have? What about the gain with LT's? Could I modify the Bassani piece to fit or would I be better getting a special "shorty" X-pipe?

Also, how much am I looking at for an install? I don't really want to tackle that job in my own garage.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
with that setup shorties isnt going to give you much of a gain, maybe a few horsepower, they will help yes but not like longtubes, but an exhaust shop should be able to modify your x pipe to fit with the longtubes, but install ive seen places charge 400 to 600, if you were in cali i would do it for half that

MidNight Snake

Established Member
What about the bassani mid lengths. U wouldnt have to modify ur current x-pipe. They're better then shorties, but still not quite as good as longtubes. With the mid-lengths u wount have to take them off to change ur clutch like u would with longtubes.

Users who are viewing this thread