LongTube Headers

Blown96Mystic

Established Member
I Just purchased hooker LTs for my blown cobra and i was wondering what kind of gains i should expect. I have an Off road x pipe and flows right now. So if anyone has any ideas just let me know. thanks

darkcrayz

Established Member
So stangs come with short tube headers I assume? What is the difference, between short and long? And how does have a longer tube increase HP?

SVTMUST97

Established Member
I had the FMM short header and dyno it was 280hp and 275tq. Then change to BBK Lt header and dyno again 305hp and 298tq. So you can see difference between both headers. Eric 97

96vert

Established Member
I've been eye-ing the Hooker LT's too. Those are the ones that don't require you to loosen in order to change a clutch, right? (could've sworn I heard that somewhere). I just know that if I get BBK's the week after I do the hellish install I'll need a clutch. I really want that LT torque though! (and another 20-30 HP won't be bad either).

Let us know how it goes!

SNK BITN

Established Member
Cobras technically come with pathetic manifolds :rolleyes:. Your blown snake will surely get 20 RWHP at the least. Any longtube installer will tell you to change the clutch the same time you put those things on, its hell to get the T45 out even with the longtube loosened.

Users who are viewing this thread