longtube headers keep coming loose

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I had headers installed a few weeks ago. Then I started getting this vibration in the gas pedal at 2700rpm. I pulled the pass wheel off and the black plastic piece in the wheel well, and tightened all of the bolts I could get at. The vibration went away. Then it came back after a few weeks. Check the bolts again some are loose again. Tighten them down, and one of them started to strip. Still have the vibration just not as bad now. Are there any bolts out there that will not loosen with expanding and contacting for the heat from the headers.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You could also try and use studs and nuts. They seem to hold better and you won't have near the worries of stripping out an aluminum thread. I've had outstanding results that way. Also...you may want to call Bassani and see now much they will sell you a set of their header gaskets for. Best damn gasket I have ever seen bar none.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Get some stage 8 locking header bolts and kiss your problems goobye...

+2

I put the stage 8 bolts in mine after I got a header leak almost a year after the headers were put on my car. I've had the stage 8 bolts on for six/seven months since then and they haven't even thought of leaking.

Great bolts and not a bad price for them either.

Shannon

Users who are viewing this thread