Longtube Header Install???

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Ive decided to purchase some longtube headers for my cobra. My question is will I be able to install them? Is it a difficult job? I hope it will be something I can handle. If I cant do the install, how much should installation cost? Thanks guys!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I installed my own. It took me about 9 hours and I had access to a lift. It can be done in your garage but may take longer. If you opt to pay figure on $500 minimum.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Most people I've talked to that that have done it(on our modulars)say they would rather pay the 500 to 600 bucks and have someone do them at a shop than do it again themeselves....And a lift is a must IMO....Average of a lot of cussin and 8-10 hours....lol....

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Access to a large varity of tools is a must. I had to stop several times to go get tools. Patience is a must. A lift is a godsend. But if you're not a wrechturner, as I was not, I'd get them installed. Should be around 500 or so. We worked on a set of KOOKS for about 3 days(approx 3-4 hours a day) and still ended up going to a shop and having them finished. I won't try that again. However, I did learn alot about that install, so if I should do it again, I would probably be able to do it in a full day with a lift and the right tools. Hell, I heard it takes JDM 6 hours in their own shop.

Users who are viewing this thread