Longtube gains on my setup

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
I know it's been beaten to death but I am more curious with my setup.

I would be leaning toward Kooks LT's I think as I would not have to relocate the o2 sensor since I am running E85?

What would some of you recommend?

What realistic HP/TQ gains? ET gains?

How is the exhaust note and engine sound changed?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
IMO you might want to be happy with the power you have already. My tuner wouldn't let me go over 650whp without changing oil pump gears. His gears went out in his car at 680whp.

I'm not sure if long tubes will give you much gain anyway. I have long tubes (granted I have high flow cats) & I see people with stock headers & off road pipes making about the same as me. The stock headers are pretty effeciant. I'd consentrate on putting the power to the ground & taking weight off the car. While saveing for a real fuel sys, oil pump gears, rods, pistons, etc.

just my opinion...

Vert

Established Member
I'm getting ready to throw on an OR h pipe and I was told I will pick up 20rwhp. Not only am I picking up HP, but opening up the exhaust helps lower your boost which is easier on the motor.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Completely off topic but are running e85 on a bap ? I didn't think it was possible without getting a complete fuel system once going f/i

You can run E85 on some of the BAPs, it is just not recommended for a long period of time.

OP, Long tubes will help out a bunch of F/I applications but like mentioned you are already pushing it on power as is.

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Thanks as usual all. Kinda what I was leaning towards. Gotta get the power to the ground first. No sense in adding more till then.

I'm getting ready to throw on an OR h pipe and I was told I will pick up 20rwhp. Not only am I picking up HP, but opening up the exhaust helps lower your boost which is easier on the motor.

I already have an O/R X. Yes, an O/R midpipe with F/I is a good gain of 15-20. Let the boost loose and flow :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread