Longblock

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
is 15k a good deal for a longblock?

new MMR Manley pistons (594120C-8) and Total Seal pro moly rings (400290). It also has Manley Pro billet I beam rods, and a factory Cobra Jet forged crankshaft. New King and Clevite bearings were used in the engine build along with a Melling 10340 oil pump. JDM super stock cams round off the top end and they used a mixed match set of MMR and Ford Performance timing components. This motor made 1,000 wheel HP paired with a Whipple 2.9L supercharger, E85, and proper tuning.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Yeah turn around time right now is almost 3 months it’s their busy time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Image1714152847.727163.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RandomForumGuy

Established Member
I have basically the same setup except cp Carrillo rods and pistons and different cams. I pieced it together rather than buying a long block. Pretty stout combo so far.

I can tell you that if your goal is 1000wheel then that 2.9 charger is gonna be at its max. I was only able to make 840wheel with it on 98octane w/22psi. E85 will make more obviously but i never think its a good idea to run blowers at max all the time. Food for thought.

I personally wouldnt buy an engine from ebay. I would buy direct from the manufacture in case something happens. Its a little more insurance in my head. I havnt heard of hawks motorsport so i would take it with a grain of salt. Are they offering any warranties on it?

Last edited:

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
It was actually built by a company called Thompson motorsports in TX they are offering a year warranty on the long block

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread