Long Tubes?

SVTshelby

Established Member
Making my Headers purchase in the next few days and was wondering what i should watch out for? Im looking at the dynatech/catted mid pipe combo and for the price seems to be the best. any input and maybe some places i can buy headers cheap? thanks for te help!

rodfarva

Established Member
Call Alex at Mackenzie Mustang Supply. He posts over at TeamShelby.com. He usually has great prices on Dynatech headers.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
call van at revan racing. 2" American Racing Headers FTMFW. dont buy parts just because they are cheap just my .02

rodfarva

Established Member
The Dynatech headers offer a great value for the price. They are very well made and the fitment is excellent. Just because they are cheaper than some of the other headers out there doesn't mean they aren't a great header.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Now you know the only answer that your going to get from members are the ones they are running because they feel that they made the best decision. Me personally I'm unbiased and going to go with the Dynatech's. They're a true full length header and you can still remove the trans without unbolting them. Never mind I forgot that I have them in my car and truck lol. Continue with the thread

jcveron

Established Member
I have not purchased them yet, only going off of the advice of a professional and who does this for a living everday

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
2" Headers are nice, but not that great depending on what power level you're at. You lose low end torque if you go too big of a header if you're power level isn't up to par. You'd get better performance out of a 1-3/4" if you're making in the 500's, etc.

jcveron

Established Member
yes but if you ever decide to go up in hp levels which isint hard to jump into 600s with these cars you have to take them off and reinstall a bigger header. if you plan on getting to maybe 700 id say 1-7/8 AR headers

SVTshelby

Established Member
well my car right now has the typical jlt/pulley/tune. Im looking into doing the headers in the next week or so and ive really liked what ive seen with the dynatechs so far. seems to be for the price best by far ($1100 with a catted mid)

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well I'm in the 700# range with the dynatech's and they are not whats stopping me from 800. My brother is in the 800# range looking to hit 900 and he is using dynatech

overtime

Established Member
I have Dynatechs on order. They should be in shortly. I researched the purchase before I made it and this appeared to be the best option. I'm at 677 rwhp.

johnjon87

Established Member
As far as I know american racing is the only company selling the true full 3" lts with a 3.5" collector evolution has hooked me up with them and they have really helped open the car up before I was seeing like 40 hp gain on the jba 2.75 " lts with the american racing headers im seeing 60..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I went with ARH 1 7/8". Unless you're going with high boost and race fuels, I don't foresee needing 2" for street use.

Their newer LT's have been modified slightly so you can pull the trans back without messing with the headers; so that is no longer a concern with them.

If nothing else, Nick @ ARH seems like a nice overall fellow and is super easy to work with. I spent a lot of time talking to them @ Carlisle and my headers just got here today; so I hope to get them on in the next couple months.

Besides, Ford picked ARH for the Cobrajet program and they could have gone with any header mfg. on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread