Long tubes & wide band??

got_h8rs?

Established Member
I am considering going to long tubes, I've heard that there is no bung for the o2 and you lose function of the wideband in the car? anyone confirm this?

carguy19

Established Member
The o2 sensors that are used in our vehicles are wide band sensors.

So if you data log or put a gauge on the existing sensors they are extremely accurate.

got_h8rs?

Established Member
The o2 sensors that are used in our vehicles are wide band sensors.

So if you data log or put a gauge on the existing sensors they are extremely accurate.

I'm dumb lol I read somewhere that the longtubes don't have a bung for the o2's. I plan on going catless x pipe with long tubes and wanted to make sure I still had the factory functions, such as the built in wideband in the gauge display..

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm dumb lol I read somewhere that the longtubes don't have a bung for the o2's. I plan on going catless x pipe with long tubes and wanted to make sure I still had the factory functions, such as the built in wideband in the gauge display..

Yup no worries, I deleted my rear 02s and still have my factory front A/Fs sensors. I love the factory wideband are cars come with.

carguy19

Established Member
go with ARH they have all the factory pang and cats extension wire

Its highly recommended to not use the ARH harness/extension wires. They are known to fail and can cause the 02 sensor signal to become wrong and can lead to you blowing your motor up. Not a good scenario on a $20000 motor.

If you are installing the headers (which I would not recommend to anyone thats a backyard mechanic) you can pull the factory harness down from its clips into the body when you do the install, and get the harness to reach without needing the extension wire. I would encourage you to have an experienced shop do the install for you to make sure its done right.

Users who are viewing this thread