long tube headers

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
hey guys thinking of doing headers, have a choice kooks, or hooker, question is which offers better ground clearance? seems like the k member brace is an issue all ready with ground clearance, my car is low and sparky! which is header is prefferable? I have done the search but found nothing conclusive. thanks!

Last edited:

green99_svt

Established Member
i have hooker headers they have good clearance ive never hit but im not lowered. they do clear that stock k member brace though .

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
If you ever plan on changing the clutch or tranny in the future, get ready for some hard work, or paying for some labor!! My car is lowered and the only time mine hits is when I'm not paying attention and I go up or down an incline too fast. But if you go slow, you shouldn't have any problems. But, if I planned on staying NA, I would have gone with midlengths or shorty's, bc with my exhaust setup, I lost a lot of power down low. So I got some 4:10's to help out. Anyways, to answer your question, if you are already lowered, just be careful and it shouldn't be that bad, regardless of what brand you get.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
hey green99, do the collectors of your long tubes hang lower than the stock k member?, that would be a good refference point to start with,thanks!
killspray,I have 430s, you lost alot of power down low? don't like the sound of that, does it make it up else where ? enough to warrant installing them? also I have your vid of life after death, when I can't drive the car it helps the jonesing.lol

Last edited:

green99_svt

Established Member
yes they do hang lower than the k. also it is possible to remove the trans with both headers on. it sucks but it can be done

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
how about a guess how much?1" ect. reason is k members is too close to the ground already and I'm content with exsisting ride height, I don't consider it to be slamed, two fingers fit snug between the top of tire and fender lip.

green99_svt

Established Member
in that case the headers would be very close to rubbing the ground. i would do bassani midlegths. they offer better ground clearance

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
thanks, I wasn't even thinking of doing them but I found a set hookers for 350cdn in the box, we allways can use a little more hp

Users who are viewing this thread