Long term storage question?

Otroo

Established Member
I have a '13 GT that I am looking for some information on long term storage. I plan on renting a climate controlled storage unit for how long I don't know but I had a couple of questions.

1. I read on older manual cars to put something to push the clutch pedal down. Do you still do this with a modern car?

2. I found these the reviews look good just wondering if anyone here has used them?

3. I don't know about the battery if the storage unit has a outlet I can plug in a battery tender but if I am going to store it for a year or two would I just be better of pulling the battery out and just get rid of it?

I have plans to store it with a full tank of treated gas, oil change, trans and rear end both have fresh fluids in them. Does anyone have any suggestions on something I might of missed. Thanks

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Couple questions. Is it cold where you’re? Is this the reason for long term storage? Also no, modern cars don’t require doing that with the clutch. I’ve never used those ramps personally. I have heard good things however. Making sure the gas tank is full is good so no moisture gets in there and allows it to turn into water. As for the battery if you don’t have the ability to use a tender I’d suggest just taking the battery out. Make sure you have most areas covered heavily to avoid rodents depending where you’re storing it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would suggest pulling the battery. I also have two sets of race ramp flat stoppers that I plan on selling. Which would probably be a great idea for long term storage.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Race ramp flat stoppers or quickjack's if you feel like spending the money. Make sure to air the tires up to normal operating pressure before storage.

Pull the battery and leave it on a battery tender at home.

Scented dryer sheets in the interior, under the hood, and in the trunk to deter any mice.

Desiccant bags in the interior to absorb any moisture.

Glue traps in the garage to catch any critters.

Wash the car and throw a car cover on it.

Test the coolant for freeze protection incase the climate control goes down. That is if you're in a location that will get below freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread