Long tailed lizard or small lizard owner need advice

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Anyone here own/or owned a long tailed lizard or anole at some time or another? I have a long tailed he was doing fine, then all of the sudden just lays at the bottom of the tank lifeless taking deep breathes every 15 seconds. He has been doing that for 3 or 4 days now. His stomach also looks to kinda be slimming as if he's losing weight. Thing is he was eating as of yesterday.

I woudn't rule out a parasite, but I haven't introduced any other lizards around him at all.

Any feedback would be nice

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
no help at all but good luck with it.

i have raised large reptiles on and off for the last 20 years. i'm fortunate enough to have had local vets that would work with them if anything ever came up. i don't know much about the little critters.

edit: how long have you had him / how old is he?

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
Run a warm temp bath...maybe 4-5 inches of water. Turn him loose in the water and watch him. Should relax in 15-20 seconds or so. Will allow digestive system to work any kinks out. Good luck.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Run a warm temp bath...maybe 4-5 inches of water. Turn him loose in the water and watch him. Should relax in 15-20 seconds or so. Will allow digestive system to work any kinks out. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice....he didn't make it. The other two anoles are still alive and no sign of parasitic activity with them. I'm not even sure if that was the case with the long tailed but he lived for about a week after I posted this. I will remember that next time, Too bad:(

Users who are viewing this thread