Long debated topic-mild or stainless

lilmarauder

Established Member
I have researched and Googled about all i can on whether to buy the 304 hotside, or the mild. I'm going to coat it no matter what I get. I've Gotten so many mixed answers on this. I'm buying from cg fab for sure, and I'm not questioning Caleb's ability at all. I know he has lots of experince and I haven't heard one bad thing about his headers. People tell me mild will rust, which I knew because you can't coat the Inside 100%. People also say the stainless will crack. Keep in mind I will have a more than adequate brace for the turbo.

When I had the Whipple on the car, I wouldn't consider anything other than 304 when I bought my longtubes. Should I have the same attitude? Is the turbo setup going to subject the headers to that much more heat? I can't find an instance where a set of arh, or kooks headers have cracked. I've read Into all of the thermal properties of both. Is the stainless going to Crack no matter how good it's welded? Even with back purging it, is this inevitable over time? I know it's all about how it's welded, and fabbed. Has anyone had any issues with the stainless cg fab headers? Just looking for some reassurance on this. I don't care about the cost difference, I just want it to last.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stradt03

Established Member
What does he offer with regards to warranty on the piping? I know Hellion has a lifetime warranty on the piping and the kit is all stainless.

lilmarauder

Established Member
What does he offer with regards to warranty on the piping? I know Hellion has a lifetime warranty on the piping and the kit is all stainless.
I'm not sure. I don't think anyone has had any issues with his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread