Long cranks

11GTcoupe

Established Member
Quick question for you gurus..2011 GT Brembo 6spd. 29K miles. Mods are AFE drop in filter, BBK after cat X-pipe and Flow master American thunder axle backs. Issue was happening before any mods.

On occasion I experience a long crank condition, like 3-5 seconds to fire. Seems to happen more after running for a while and restarting after sitting a short time. No CEL, no driveability issues, in fact it's smooth and strong as an ox. Occasional rough idle which is normal.

Considered it may have an injector leaking down??

Thanks in advance.

KINGPINracing

Established Member
Interesting title.....hahaha

I've never had that issue. Do you hear the fuel pump cycle right away when you turn the key without starting?

nicostang

Established Member
I've experienced this issue aswell when it was really cold and humid outside(car was 100% stock, so it was NOT tune related).

11GTcoupe

Established Member
Haven't noticed the pump cycling but haven't listened for it specifically. Think I'll start cranking it with the door open and taking not cause you can most definitely hear it that way.

ddtmoto

Established Member
I have heard of a update/reflash for the ecm on our '11s. I get the extra cranking on rare occasions too, just today as a matter of fact. I should check with my dealer for a TSB on the matter.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Batteries have less cranking power/amps when cold if I remember correctly. Also dying/old batteries will produce less cranking power.

Not sure if your car is tuned. But some tunes have different cranking parameters also....

Users who are viewing this thread