Lol transmission exploded...

NotOrange...

Established Member
I had a fun drive...

I was going about 90 Mph coasting in neutral when all of a sudden the rear tires lock up... as fun as that was it left a good trail of rubber behind. So I go to put the car in gear... stalls out, put it in neutral and let the clutch out, also stalls out...
Call a tow to get car to my job...
Take trans out at work and ship it to where it got rebuilt a fwe years ago. They call back with awesome news...

- Tailhousing cracked, which is what made the nice trail behind me...
- Bellhousing cracked
- Case cracked
- All gears and everything damaged from 2 bearings letting loose and throwing bearings all thruout the trans until they got lodged inbetween gears and locked up.

Lol... All I could do was laugh...

Now I'm getting a new T56 kit

:) I guess even the crappiest stories have a happy ending

That is my story, just be happy it wasn't you... lol.

:beer::beer:

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
I had a fun drive...

I was going about 90 Mph coasting in neutral when all of a sudden the rear tires lock up... as fun as that was it left a good trail of rubber behind. So I go to put the car in gear... stalls out, put it in neutral and let the clutch out, also stalls out...
Call a tow to get car to my job...
Take trans out at work and ship it to where it got rebuilt a fwe years ago. They call back with awesome news...

- Tailhousing cracked, which is what made the nice trail behind me...
- Bellhousing cracked
- Case cracked
- All gears and everything damaged from 2 bearings letting loose and throwing bearings all thruout the trans until they got lodged inbetween gears and locked up.

Lol... All I could do was laugh...

Now I'm getting a new T56 kit

:) I guess even the crappiest stories have a happy ending

That is my story, just be happy it wasn't you... lol.

:beer::beer:

^that

NotOrange...

Established Member
Vita: I believe this all came about from the tailhousing cracking, this made it lose all fluid very quick. which caused the bearings to run dry. The locking of everything I'm assuming caused the bellhousing to crack as it twisted and tried to stretch and bend... As far as why the tailhousing cracked? I have no idea... driving it like I'm paul walker I guess...

NotOrange...

Established Member
well T56 kit ordered from mps and on the way... along with driveshaft proper flange and trans mount. Yay!!!

anyone know if the clutch fork and pivot ball are the same?

01yellercobra

Established Member
well T56 kit ordered from mps and on the way... along with driveshaft proper flange and trans mount. Yay!!!

anyone know if the clutch fork and pivot ball are the same?

I know the clutch fork is. I pulled the one out of my 3650 and put it in the T56 I'm running. Not sure about the pivot ball though.

NotOrange...

Established Member
thanks, slo984now. Exactly what I needed to know...

I may have to pick up the garbage I left at the trans shop... maybe there is one salvageable part in the disaster that was a "transmission"

Users who are viewing this thread