lol...408w nitrous(me) vs 1200hp chevy 2 on street

blackstang05

Established Member
I will start by saying im on this website almost every day....either for my coupe or my gt500 looking for parts, info, etc... Me and a few of my buddies..650 hp nissan gtr, 680 hp kb 03 cobra and a few others went out to a spot about 45 mins away from our hometown...it is a pretty frequent place we visit to do a little racing...i usually take my gt500 to race since i havent had the nitrous on the notch in a while...well...i got the nitrous working again...so we all loaded up and headed out for some racing....we get there and there are about 15-20 cars that are there to race...mostly cars trailered to the spot (even though we all DROVE our STREET cars there)well come to find out one of the cars is a pure drag car...wheelie bars, shoot....well he told us after watching a few races "he didnt come here to watch other people race" as we replied "okay...were racing Street cars tonight...) after a few laughs he ended up picking me out of the crowd to race because he had heard the car was quick i guess...well...we head race...turn around...i do my burnout...im ready...i look back and he does about a 100 foot long burnout after he gets VHT sprayed onto the ground in front of him...lol...WOW...i was shocked...well anyways we line up and the flagger puts his hands down....i hit the gas only to fall about 3 cars back as i shift nto second....we both had to pedal the gas and i know he was having to be VERY careful not to give his car too much throttle being it makes so much power...well...i throw my car into second and to my suprise i start gaining ground...as i get about half way through second gear im almost to his rear bumper....i then heard him throttle it a little more to stay ahead and he starts getting swuirly...about that time i see smoke coming from his tires and i pass him by beating him by a few cars...after i get back of course my head was as big as it had ever been after a victory...lol...well come to find out one of my buddies had a few hundred dollars on the race....i roll down my window and he hands me some money and he says "thanks for the win...." it was one of my best kills yet....hope you enjoy

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Tire smoke at 120+(I'm assuming) is no joke.

What are the mods on the coupe? Any pics?
Sounds awsome.

blackstang05

Established Member
mods to the coupe are 408 ci stroker motor, forged internals, afr 205 heads, full exhaust through 3.5 inch magnaflow mufflers, c4 trans with 1500 stall (great for street) aluminum driveshaft, tubular k member with tubular control arms, coilovers up front, upper and lower control arms in rear stock 98 gt rear axle (building new 31 spline setup) rear eibach drag springs with airbag, skinnies up front and 275 50 15 mt street radials in the rear. 100 shot jets in the nitrous for the street ; ) will post pics as soon as i get back home ina few days oh..and his tires smoked around 70-80....not 120...approx

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
May have missed it, but any idea what he runs at the track?

Great kill! Definitely should be proud of that one.

blackstang05

Established Member
well i think i have the picture thing pigured out...i will go ahead and post up the pictures of my other car too since i have tham all in one place...OH...did I mention im 21 yrs old? lol...enjoy
100_0921.jpg

100_0922.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_0919.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

100_1446.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

100_1444.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

Last edited:

92z28

Established Member
I could see a young dude owning some badass rides if he had a full time job and nothing else to worry about like kids and the like. I kinda wish I was working instead of being a broke ass in college on occasion. Oh well it is almost over and done with.

Nice rides and congrats :beer:

blackstang05

Established Member
yea...i went through the college thing too...never thought it was going to be over...i was in houston for 2 years...HATED IT....but it helped me get where i am now...so i cant complain i love what i do for a living...

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
good kill and nice cars. Love the color of the gt500 too. What kind of power is that making? I've been curious to see what kind of gains the 500's get from a steggy port.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
you're 21 and you own a gt500 and that 5.0?
damn...what do you do?

It can be possible, youll be surprised at what people have at young ages. Im only 20 (about to be 21) and am in the process of owning a house. Im an accounting at a company, people sometimes get lucky or do the smart thing in life (like 90% of svtp peepz :rockon:). Props to the OP :thumbsup:. Lets show some people that not all people from the new generation are screw ups like most think :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread