Lock cylinder located behind rear seat (drivers side) 2013 convertible??

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I'm blowing apart the interior to add door bars to my MM 4 point, weld in a harness mount bar, install a rear seat delete. While doing so I ran across a factory installed lock cylinder (keyed to the cars ignition key) behind the rear seat; seatback, drivers side,lower corner. Is this convertible specific?/to actuate (raise/lower the top?) perhaps without the ignition being keyed on?

I'm hoping it is in fact something benign like this since I removed it :lol1: Don't ask why I didn't "try" it since the batt is disconnected and it is already removed...

HALP!! :lol:

Last edited:

phil h

Established Member
I dont know as i have an 11 vert myself, but i will look. Keep me posted on your rollbar pics as i am needing to install one myself.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I dont know as i have an 11 vert myself, but i will look. Keep me posted on your rollbar pics as i am needing to install one myself.

I figured it out, it is actually in the manual:

Seems to be a mechanical cable operated trunk release, in case the solenoid fails/battery dies (as we have no external lock cylinder and the rear seat is non-foldable on the 'vert) I "ASS"-ume the seats fold on the coupes? If so that would make this "feature" un-necessary for them and would in fact be 'vert specific.

Let me know what pics you might like of the bar/ 1/2 cage? I don't mind posting pics to help out/give ideas but am embarrassed to somewhat as the original Denver "race shop" :rolleyes: that installed it did a terrible job/hacked my car up pretty good. Doing my best to un-fawk all their screw ups/ 1/2 shortcuts they took putting it in.

Guess my only solace is soon, perhaps VERY soon... the entire 1/2 cage will need to come out (and dang I need to looks at the rule book....) a true 8 or 10 point needs to go in.....All this "junk" will eventually be scrapped, I just hope I don't land on my head and have to test this shops fab skills/installation in the meantime....

MKMotorsport

Established Member
It passes the "10 foot test" :lol:

IMG_20151227_083822674_zps2sdo41kk.jpg

IMG_20151227_083917978_zpsqwf9vm9a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread