Locating Ethanol Free Gasoline

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ran non ethanol gas in my 08' Bullitt at times.
I noticed the engine ran smoother, had better throttle response and got better mpg. The better mpg did not offset the extra cost at that time.
I have transported 54 gallon drums of race fuel (C-16, Q-16, Pro E-85) in the back of my F-250 on many occasions and have never had an issue. The truck does have a topper, but you can still see the drums of fuel from the back.
Maybe I got away with it because some anal twat never saw it and complained. IDK.
I will be going to get a 54 Gallon drum of fuel (Pro E112) next week and doubt that anything will come of it. Going to load it and carry it the same as I always do. Tight up against the tailgate held in place by ratchet straps.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lambeau, Here in WI there are Kwik Trips everywhere and they seemingly all have 91 no ethanol so we are lucky for that.

I'm glad for it but there is a Cenex in Cottage Grove with 87 no ethanol, good for the boat and thr one remaining 2 stroke small engine I still use.

My bigger issue is now finding 93 with 10% ethanol. Not as many places around as there used to be but this helps -

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I've seen 93 oxy at BP's, and Holiday Stations.

I wonder what the logic is behind the distribution of 93 oxy and 91 non-oxy.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I use Ethanol free for all the carb'd toys, especially the 4 wheelers and stuff at the lake house that don't get used for months at a time. There's a station not too far from the lake house and I fill up a bunch of cans a few times a year with E0.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I've seen 93 oxy at BP's, and Holiday Stations.

I wonder what the logic is behind the distribution of 93 oxy and 91 non-oxy.
Agreed. I've never been able to find 93 no ethanol but would run that in my Cobra if I could.

That pure gas website says a few exist in the state but they are all way out of my regular driving locations.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never used ethanol free fuel, but I know places near me do sell it. I’m interested in the possibility of greater mileage in my daily, but haven’t priced the difference between 87 octane and the other stuff.

Update - I just filled my tank with this stuff. Price is slotted between 87 and 91. We’ll see if I detect an increase in mileage. I’ve noted a decrease in mileage probably due to the shift to winter fuel blend….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread