Local Transit Police Kills unarmed man on N.Y.E while being detained: (VIDEO)

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Locally this has been a very HOT TOPIC in the San Francisco Bay Area. I work for this trasit agency (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and everybody is in AWE of this whole tragedy. I feel bad for everyone involved in this situation, even the cop. I want to believe the COP did this accidentally, but the video doesn't help his case at all.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO IN IT"S ENTIRETY!!!!! (BOTH OF THEM)

Video #1
Video

Video #2 (NO AUDIO/different angle)
http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2009/0106/18418588.200k.asx

Video #3
Video

Watch the VIDEO and tell me what your thoughts are?

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
if it was accidental then he should only get 2nd degree murder.

like i posted in another thread: that 27 yearold cop with 2 years on the force just shot a face down restrained american civillian who appeared to be non-resistant in cold blood. period. and should be tried and punished.

i know the excuses and coverups are going to start as usual but the video doesn't lie. they're already saying the cop couldn't tell the difference between his service weapon and his taser, this is absolutely inexcusable. since when is it a practice to draw your weapon after the person being detained in restraints, face down and under control?

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
if it was accidental then he should only get 2nd degree murder. like i posted in another thread: that 27 yearold cop with 2 years on the force just shot a face down restrained american civillian who appeared to be non-resistant in cold blood. period. and should be tried and punished.
i know the excuses and coverups are going to start as usual but the video doesn't lie. they're already saying the cop couldn't tell the difference between his service weapon and his taser, this is absolutely inexcusable. since when is it a practice to draw your weapon after the person being detained in restraints, face down and under control?

Was this posted already? I did a seach on here and nothing came up.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Was this posted already? I did a seach on here and nothing came up.

it was posted in the donut shop but the regular nutswingers are circling the wagons. more people need to see this.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/donut-shop-61/558397-leo-non-leo-opinion.html

if that cop was stupid enough to not know the difference between his service weapon and taser (i'm sure that's going to be their defense) then something needs to be done. maybe paint their tasers dayglo green or orange like a toy so they can tell the difference.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
Sad for the family

That is a shitty situation for all involved none the less.........but that shit is f**ked up!:eek:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Just like TERMIN8TR said, Why did he even draw his weapon in the first place.
Drawing a taser on a restrained, face down person while with 4 or 5 other officers seems absurd, let alone drawing a gun and firing it.

Just a little observation but who are these BART officers? Why do they carry guns? It looked like he took very little time if any to remove his safety. Does he carry his gun around without the safety on?

Last edited:

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Just like TERMIN8TR said, Why did he even draw his weapon in the first place.
Drawing a taser on a restrained, face down person while with 4 or 5 other officers seems absurd, let alone drawing a gun and firing it.

Just a little observation but who are these BART officers? Why do they carry guns? It looked like he took very little time if any to remove his safety. Does he carry his gun around without the safety on?

They are sworn officers that patrol the Bay Area Rapid Transit.
system-map-xlrg.gif

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
thats a terrible situation all the way around.

on another note, why was the other thread that was posted in The Donut Shop closed??

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
From the looks of it, it looks like he was going to taser the guy, tbh. Just the way he was standing. I'm sure he thought he was going for the taser. If you see the way he acted after the shot, you can tell it was not ment to happen.

Still murder, I'm not defending him on that. But I wouldn't as harsh on him as if he had on purpose shot the guy.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
why would you want to taser someone when they are already under control of several cops with a knee on his upperback/neck area and hands behind his back?
that cop should be in jail not on "administrative leave".

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
You can't tell from the video. So who knows the story as to why. My guess is he wasn't keeping his hands behind him. While watching the video...the others were sitting with their butts on the ground but he gets up on his knees. Thats when the cops start to wrestle him to the ground. Even though he had his hands up, that doesn't mean that the cops weren't telling him to get back down and he was being defiant. I take place in swat practice scenarios and if you don't do exactly what they say, you are not doing what you are supposed to.

Its like a cop telling you to put your hands in the air but you merely raise them slightly from your side and just showing your palms. Sure, your showing your hands but your not doing what your told and the officer could still be in danger due to how close your hands are to your sides.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I know it has been said but, There was no reason that guy should have been shot or TASED (sp?). From the video there are what? 3 officers on this guy, so you are telling me that 3 LEOs couldn't subdue 1 guy so he decided to taser him but mistakes his gun for a taser BULL SHIT !!! The cop is guilty flat out!

I am not sure how to word this but, I think if a LEO uses a Taser it should be treated just like him using his gun. Police are way to quick to Taser someone. It should be counted as a deadly force. I remember the guy who got lost coming through customs in the airport and after they hit him with a taser he died....

Honestly what did cops due before they got taser's? Old fashion muscle and backup from your partner or fellow leo's....

92z28

Established Member
You can't tell from the video. So who knows the story as to why. My guess is he wasn't keeping his hands behind him. While watching the video...the others were sitting with their butts on the ground but he gets up on his knees. Thats when the cops start to wrestle him to the ground. Even though he had his hands up, that doesn't mean that the cops weren't telling him to get back down and he was being defiant. I take place in swat practice scenarios and if you don't do exactly what they say, you are not doing what you are supposed to.

Its like a cop telling you to put your hands in the air but you merely raise them slightly from your side and just showing your palms. Sure, your showing your hands but your not doing what your told and the officer could still be in danger due to how close your hands are to your sides.

Homeboy was handcuffed with his hands behind his back so says the Fox News article.

FOXNews.com - Man's Fatal Shooting by San Francisco Subway Police Prompts Probe, Plans for $25M Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Jroc

Established Member
It looks like it was very intentional in the video's, but you have to ask yourself, "why the hell would he have wanted to just shot this man?" I'm sure the officer must be aware that just killing somebody without probable cause is a serious crime. :shrug:

Reguardless it looks to be a very bad situation.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member

Watching the second video, you can see the guy on the right of him stands up and two officers grab him quickly because he was trying to stand up. They handcuff him and when they handcuff him, the guy that got shot starts to stand up...once again two officers grab him and bring him to the ground.

From that viewpoint, it seems as though your ass is supposed to stay on the ground. And both of them didn't.

Again watching the second video, I can't see the officer ever get handcuffs on him. I went back to the first video and you see the officer start to reach to his side as if to grab handcuffs but you see the guy still moving around on the ground and the officer quickly grabs his hands again. You can see his right arm is to his side. I never saw him handcuffed.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Holy shit.......speechless here

Edit, what pisses me off is that the thread about this in the donut shop was closed because there was no question. What about the times someone posts something about a cop being killed. Why dont those threads get closed since there is no question?

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
For anyone else watching going through this thread who doesn't live in the Bay Area, this is a HUGE issue going on right now. This guy was wrongfully killed, and should not have been. Period.

I, along with everyone else in the Bay Area, have been following this on every local news channel. The videos are self explanatory.

There was Abosuletly NO reason a gun or taser should have been pulled. I feel horrible for this guys family.

This cop should be charged with murder and nothing less. I've seen some pretty ****ed up and horrible things in my life, but this ranks up there with the worst of it. :(

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Might want to re-read that.... (not trying to be an a-hole, just trying to fix a error!)
Homeboy was handcuffed with his hands behind his back so says the Family Attorney.

The family's attorney John Burris said the shooting was intentional, and that he planned to ask Alameda County prosecutors to seek criminal charges against the officer. Burris said Grant, of Hayward, Calif., posed no threat to officers when a bullet entered his back and ricocheted to his lung area, killing him almost instantly.

"The officer leaned [in], was straddling over him and pointed his gun directly into the backside and shot [Grant]," said Burris, adding that Grant was handcuffed — after he was shot. "This was not a deadly force situation."

///////
OP:
That's just a bad situation that's gonna get worse.
I went on my old Cali (local to SF, you know what one) forum and the opinions are all over the place. People there are saying it's a race thing... which I can't see that being the case at all. Looks like a HUGE(mistake) mess up. It really sucks that the kid got shot and died.

All I know is I hated the times when I had to ride the BART... not because of the LEOs... because of some of the passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread