...rollin on 20's
Established Member
coldid-shelby_3_.gif

coldid-shelby_2_.gif

coldid-shelby_1.gif

coldid-stock_vs_tune_shelby.gif

coldid-shelby.gif

coldid said:
I took mine to Lidio at Alternative Auto Performance in Mt. Clemens, Michigan www.alternativeauto.com this past Monday (I've been too busy to post) and bone stock mine dyno'ed at only 407 rwhp about 480 at the flywheel, but after the car cooled down about 15 minutes he did get slightly better numbers. The amazing thing is after Lidio tuned/tweaked it using a software program and an SCT Xcalibrator flash tool it now puts out 475 rwhp and about 560 at the flywheel. This is without any other modifications. So far I have put 20x10's with 315/35/20's on the back and 20x8.5's with 245/40/20's on the front and tinted the windows. Next up is Steeda lowering springs and a 3:73 gear possibly before the Woodward Cruise next weekend - if Lidio can talk someone into working late one night for me since they are swamped. Lidio plans to update his website with the results as well. I could post some pics and the dynoruns if someone can tell me how since I am a fairly new user.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
68 hp with a tune only?
I'd like to know where he's getting the hp from with the tune only.:shrug:

Wonder how he's getting the flywheel #'s.
+ or - that's no verification.

http://robrobinette.com/et.htm<--online 1/4 mile calculation

So 11.75 in the 1/4 with tunning and full weight?

JP

Last edited:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Looking at the graph a little closer.
It has a real nice curve.

I'd like to see one at about 12-14 pounds with the intake and exhaust opened up.

JP

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
JP said:
Wonder how he's getting the flywheel #'s.
+ or - that's no verification.

JP

typically you can divide your RWHP by .85 and you can get a rough estimate of your flywheel HP... ~15% drivetrain loss... but you are right there is no verification, its approximate. Not sure if thats what you were refering to, or if you didn't know where those numbers came from or not.

:pepper:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
So 18.5% drivetrain loss.
Maybe some of that is those big tires.

Still sounds like a winner to me.

JP

Jpjr

Established Member
The motor may not yet be proven dependable, but nonetheless it is a 5.4 SC and should produce even bigger HP increases with varying boost levels than the 4.6 SC obviously. These things are going to make GREAT power.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man that is sweet seeing that thing on a dyno and having numbers. 475 bone stock with a tune isn't a bad starting point with 9# boost:burnout:
I'd have to say the Terminators had a much more attractive engine bay.

Jpjr said:
The motor may not yet be proven dependable, but nonetheless it is a 5.4 SC and should produce even bigger HP increases with varying boost levels than the 4.6 SC obviously. These things are going to make GREAT power.
I'd say the motor would be considered proven considering the lineage. Lightning shortblocks are fine with the rods replaced, the GT heads/cam/intercooler are proven, and we know the shortcomings of the Terminators. I think the learning curve with these cars has been largely accomplished with what has been learned by the '03-04s, just the minor details for this car to adjust.
I think I'd go for a JLT CAI, 2.6 KB, and full SW exhaust :rockon:
Better question is what is up George's sleeve?
-J
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread