Local Installs Wa

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Hello all, just wanted to let you know that Chuck and I are doing local installs for less than anyone around, please call a performance shop and get a price so you know, and people on here can say our work is great. I will be doing an upper pulley install this week. If you need anything, blower, heat exchanger, shifter, pulley, bap wiring, pretty much anything, let me know.

Rick

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Come on gentlemen, the appt books are open and the dry season's right around the corner. References are abundant as many have already been to these fine gents for assistance:thumbsup:

Christian

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
You got a upper pulley puller. If so I give you $50.00 to do a pulley swap--dont bust up my radiator hose this time...lol Remember that day?

Hey, you still have my 2.8? Or did you get rid of that P.O.S.?

I need my truck detailed, an amp installed and.......... You do that?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
never done gears.. but I dont think it would be too hard, not with proper tools.. but I've rebuilt engines, trannys(auto) done electrical etc..

Joe5.0

Established Member
I need my stereo to stop making that F***** Annoying high pitched noise at idle, and well....all the time. SOOOO Annoying. Can u fix that for me rick?

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
Joe5.0 said:
I need my stereo to stop making that F***** Annoying high pitched noise at idle, and well....all the time. SOOOO Annoying. Can u fix that for me rick?
You need an RF supressor. Rick can hook that up for you no prob.

Joe5.0

Established Member
An RF wur what er lol? Its so god damn annoying. Sounds like a S-trim. How much and what does it do?

C Weil

Established Member
Cool to have you offer the work to people around, Rick. Maybe you can use the cash to buy a real car! :D

Common guys, if you guys can rebuilt motors and manual transmissions, then you can set up a set of gears! It's just a small, really simple type of a manual transmission. Unless you are blueprinting the diff, there are only a few things to check. It's a bit time consuming to check repeatedly, but nothing beyond your experience!

I was afraid at first, too, until I actually did it. There are much harder things to do!

harsh5.0gt

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:

i thought it was because of your underdrive pulley's? or are the pulley's the reason why your stereo volume decreases while coming to a stop?
:poke:

Joe5.0

Established Member
O yea rick it does that to, when driving the Stero is loud, and then when at a stop it decreases in volume.

C Weil

Established Member
If you have an underdriven alternator, that may not be up to it's top shape in the first place, it's not unlikely that it simply can't keep up with the load from both the ignition and loud stereo. I'm willing to bet that is that problem, at least. The volume scenario pretty much guarantees it, because most alternators doesn't produce full output until above 2000 rpm.

Joe5.0

Established Member
I had a powermaster high out put alternator and it was making the noise. no i have a stocker in and it still makes it.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
It sounds like you are getting a voltage drop. Do you lights dim when you come to a stop too? LEt me know

rick

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Is this a factory or aftermarket radio? Some newer radios have a feature that adjusts volume based on vehicle speed. It could also be a grounding issuer, check your wiring.

Joe5.0

Established Member
RickSvt said:
It sounds like you are getting a voltage drop. Do you lights dim when you come to a stop too? LEt me know

rick

Yea it does. Drops from like 13 to 9 everytime i stop.

And is has the Following

•Powermaster High Output Alternator – less than 6000 miles on it
•Pioneer MP3/WMA CD Receiver w/organic display (brand new)
•Boston Acoustic Front & Rear Speakers
•Alpine 360W Amplifier (brand new)
•Bazooka Tube 10” w/internal amplifier

Users who are viewing this thread