Local Dyno Tuning

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
Ok guys i know RET or anyone up in LA area they have great tuners but sadly my car has been sitting in the garage for the past 2 months :bash:. Sadly my schedule at work (Navy) has been pretty crazy and the only times i may have off is the weekends if am not on duty. So for the meantime i would love to hear experiences from anyone because am sure someone here has been to a performance shop here locally in San Diego area :burnout: It will be a plus if there is anyone that works on weekends. Thanks in advance. :beer:

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
well as i mention above my car gas been in the garage over a month or so with no TUNE plus my schedule at the moment with work has been crazy so the only time i have is the weekends and almost 99% of the shops around the area does not work on weekends :( ... @98saleensnake when are you planning on getting this kit? This is pretty much doing it yourself right?

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Yea. He emailed me the tune already I'm just waiting to get my handheld which should be coming on Saturday. It might take a couple of emails back and forth to dial it in. It's also half the price RET was going to charge me.

applecarguy

Established Member
Is Bob Krugan always at GTR? I always hear nothing but the best about him. What's so special about him vs. RET? Just curious.

No they call him and he tunes your car remotely I believe. I personally don't have one of his tunes, but I know people who do and they have nothing but good things to say about it. I will be getting a Kurgan Tune though GTR once I get my car finished up. Currently I have an RET tune and I don't really care for it.

applecarguy

Established Member
well as i mention above my car gas been in the garage over a month or so with no TUNE plus my schedule at the moment with work has been crazy so the only time i have is the weekends and almost 99% of the shops around the area does not work on weekends :( ... @98saleensnake when are you planning on getting this kit? This is pretty much doing it yourself right?

GTR is open on saturdays. Give them a call they are awesome! Best shop in So Cal in my opinion.

wallie40

Established Member
Hey Jefferson, like i said i wouldnt take my car to anyone else but Adam@ST Motorsports. It sucks that he is so busy right now.

-Paul

2nd2none

Established Member
I wouldn't trust anyone in SD tuning my car. I currently have a JBA tune and I'm not happy. Plus for some reason he won't actually give me my tune??? He puts the tune on my car but never installs the tune on my SCT tuner. Anyways, I plan to give Adam at ST a shot next when I have time as they have a lot of experience tuning Kenne Bell cars and for some reason the 2010 GT500 with this kit is a PITA to get right. Greg at RET said he won't even tune my car because he always has problems with them. Adams experience with Kenne Bells is the main/only reason I'll try him before GTR.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
No they call him and he tunes your car remotely I believe. I personally don't have one of his tunes, but I know people who do and they have nothing but good things to say about it. I will be getting a Kurgan Tune though GTR once I get my car finished up. Currently I have an RET tune and I don't really care for it.

Hmm..interesting. Ill check back with you after you tune your car to see how it worked out for you.

Hey Jefferson, like i said i wouldnt take my car to anyone else but Adam@ST Motorsports. It sucks that he is so busy right now.

-Paul

Is ST Motorsport in San Diego?

G04cobra

Established Member
Powertrain Dynamics is open on the weekends with an appointment. They are in Huntington Beach.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Gtr and Kurgen are the best and the customer service is Unmatched by anyone I have ever come across or had to deal with. I'm getting my car tuned again by Kurgen next week

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
I have heard lots of great things about Kurgen will look into that as well. I just recently found out that LAST CALL RACING has a private shop here in San Diego area. Do anyone here know who they are???

To PAUL yea bro i know i will try to get a hold of him again tomorrow to see if anything happens if not i guess i have to wait and keep searching :)

02blownGT

Established Member
Short answer is No there are no tuners in San Diego that can compete with some of our northern neighbors.Dont waste the time and expense.Been there done that.

iggster

Established Member
Powertrain Dynamics is open on the weekends with an appointment. They are in Huntington Beach.

I had good results with him, sent a friend over and he didn't

RET does good work to.

I heard izzy performance is doing fords now to.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have heard lots of great things about Kurgen will look into that as well. I just recently found out that LAST CALL RACING has a private shop here in San Diego area. Do anyone here know who they are???

I know them and I wouldn't use them. As was said earlier, we don't have any good tuners down here. That's one if the reasons I started tuning my car myself. If you have a wideband and know how to datalog you can use any tuner that does email tunes. It might take a little longer, but you can work around your schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread