Local Dealer has a new Raptor

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Maybe someone can answer this but why would you need 700+ rwhp on an offroad truck?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FCp7dw4lk"]YouTube - Robby Gordon[/nomedia]

i see more reason to have 700hp off road where there are no speed limits than i see a reason to have 700hp on road where there are way too many traffic laws!:poke::pepper::dancenana:

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
5.4 390 ft lb of torque

6.2 400 ft lb of torque

torque moves trucks guys... I'll take my 5.4 thanks ( and throw the FRPP Whipple at it!)

:lol:

first off the 5.4 on reg pump gas is only rated for 365lb-ft. The 6.2L could very well be into the 450-480lb-ft range. :read:

Use some common sense, you really think ford would invest millions in R&D and tooling to release a brand new motor with only 10 more lb-ft? Ridiculous!! :lol:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
who says its 48k? the 6.2 starts off at 41k, and most people are getting a couple grand off of the 5.4 already making it 36k.

Thats a bunch of crap cause according to CGoeschel no dealer is selling these trucks for less than sticker, A-Plan, X-Plan, and anything. :D

Maybe its cause hes a manager at a Ford dealer located in the desert and thinks these trucks are pure gold and feels as if people will pay any premium for these trucks without shopping around. :rollseyes

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
who says its 48k? the 6.2 starts off at 41k, and most people are getting a couple grand off of the 5.4 already making it 36k.

Thats a bunch of crap cause according to CGoeschel no dealer is selling these trucks for less than sticker, A-Plan, X-Plan, and anything. :D

Maybe its cause hes a manager at a Ford dealer located in the desert and thinks these trucks are pure gold and feels as if people will pay any premium for these trucks without shopping around. :rollseyes

Base price on the 5.4L is 38,990. The 6.2L is a $3000 option. If the truck is over $48,000 its either marked up or optioned out.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

your right its 38.9 and 41.9.

you do realize that the f150 including the raptor has a 4k dollar markup between invoice and msrp right. all cgoeschel said was that ford is not selling them on any plans, and or offering any rebates on the raptor right now. he also said if a dealer would sell it on a plan, they would be the ones to make up the difference not ford.

dealers can easily sell the raptor 2k less than msrp and still make 2500 and 3000 profit(invoice + holdback) on the raptor!

CGoeschel

Established Member

Base price on the 5.4L is 38,990. The 6.2L is a $3000 option. If the truck is over $48,000 its either marked up or optioned out.

We've got 16 Raptors in production and shipped right now. I ordered 8 more today. I never said that they all sell at sticker and we dont mark them up. We've already discounted a few. The only incentives from Ford right now specific to the Raptor is a Ford Racing offer of either 750 or 1500 for the purchase of Raptor upgrade parts.

CGoeschel

Established Member
your right its 38.9 and 41.9.

you do realize that the f150 including the raptor has a 4k dollar markup between invoice and msrp right. all cgoeschel said was that ford is not selling them on any plans, and or offering any rebates on the raptor right now. he also said if a dealer would sell it on a plan, they would be the ones to make up the difference not ford.

dealers can easily sell the raptor 2k less than msrp and still make 2500 and 3000 profit(invoice + holdback) on the raptor!

thanks for getting my back.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
We've got 16 Raptors in production and shipped right now. I ordered 8 more today. I never said that they all sell at sticker and we dont mark them up. We've already discounted a few. The only incentives from Ford right now specific to the Raptor is a Ford Racing offer of either 750 or 1500 for the purchase of Raptor upgrade parts.

You took that better than I thought. ;-) Glad you can take a lil joke. :beer:

Do you order them optioned out or do you ever order any that are just base models? If I do buy one, I want the luxury package, sunroof, and maybe the back up camera. I'm assuming you haven't sold one on A-Plan?

Being that you have so many, it would only make sense to work with your customer since you have such a high volume of them. There is one dealer here that ends up collecting cars cause they mark them up so much. I took my wifes Edge in for a oil change and they had 13 2008 Shelby GT500's that were marked up $20,000. While I was looking at them a salesman said, "don't mind the mark up on there, you can get that car for a little under sticker now." I asked "what about A-Plan" and he said, "no." I guess they are not aware that there is a newer, faster, and better looking one out now. :loser:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You took that better than I thought. ;-) Glad you can take a lil joke. :beer:

Do you order them optioned out or do you ever order any that are just base models? If I do buy one, I want the luxury package, sunroof, and maybe the back up camera. I'm assuming you haven't sold one on A-Plan?

Being that you have so many, it would only make sense to work with your customer since you have such a high volume of them. There is one dealer here that ends up collecting cars cause they mark them up so much. I took my wifes Edge in for a oil change and they had 13 2008 Shelby GT500's that were marked up $20,000. While I was looking at them a salesman said, "don't mind the mark up on there, you can get that car for a little under sticker now." I asked "what about A-Plan" and he said, "no." I guess they are not aware that there is a newer, faster, and better looking one out now. :loser:

i dont understand your big fascination about "a plan" is? to put it simply the "a plan" is just another discount from ford, just like the rebates. and just like the rebates ford will decide what vehicles are eligible and when. unlike the rebates "a plan" is not available to all.
the dealer can sell the car/truck at whatever price they want! but before they do they must ask themselves 2 questions. do we want to make a profit? do we want to sell the car/truck?

cgoeschel has already told you they have sold raptors at a discount. dont ask him how much. and i am sure all the trucks he orders do not have the same options!

CGoeschel

Established Member
Ive ordered about half or more loaded minus the graphics and the rest with none or just a few options (trying to have something for everyone) I only ordered 3 with the graphics package. Lots of White, Blue, and Black...few Orange.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
i dont understand your big fascination about "a plan" is? to put it simply the "a plan" is just another discount from ford, just like the rebates. and just like the rebates ford will decide what vehicles are eligible and when. unlike the rebates "a plan" is not available to all.
the dealer can sell the car/truck at whatever price they want! but before they do they must ask themselves 2 questions. do we want to make a profit? do we want to sell the car/truck?

cgoeschel has already told you they have sold raptors at a discount. dont ask him how much. and i am sure all the trucks he orders do not have the same options!

My big facination with "A-Plan" is becuase I'm a Ford employee and I get A-Plan. I find it hard to believe someone that SVT vehicles cannot be purchased on A-Plan when I've bought a 03' Cobra and my 04' Cobra was purchased on it as well.

I've been told by a manager at a local dealer that if Ford offers rebates on any vehicle they have to honor them. I've just seeing what others have to say about it being he is a manager of a dealer.

Ive ordered about half or more loaded minus the graphics and the rest with none or just a few options (trying to have something for everyone) I only ordered 3 with the graphics package. Lots of White, Blue, and Black...few Orange.

Cool, being out west I'm sure you'll see more Raptors out there then out east. The dealers out this way prety much option them out from what I've seen. Only one that wasn't was the one I looked at a few weeks ago. It had the luxury package, sunroof, back up camera, and tailgate step.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My big facination with "A-Plan" is becuase I'm a Ford employee and I get A-Plan. I find it hard to believe someone that SVT vehicles cannot be purchased on A-Plan when I've bought a 03' Cobra and my 04' Cobra was purchased on it as well.

I've been told by a manager at a local dealer that if Ford offers rebates on any vehicle they have to honor them. I've just seeing what others have to say about it being he is a manager of a dealer.

and they have also offered 3k and 4k rebates on the 03/04 svt mustangs as well. does this mean ford has to offer a 3k rebate on the 2010 gt500 at this time?
just because its happened in the past does not mean it has to happen now.

ford could very well and will probably offer rebates and plans on both the gt500 and raptor in the future. these rebates however are currently not available from ford!

order your raptor the way you want it. if a dealer is saying yes to a/plan they will say yes to 500 or 1k over invoice. it will cost you a little more money, the dealer will probably make the same as an a/plan deal but you will get your raptor faster, plus you will not pay for anything you dont want or use.

the plans are nice but i have seen people and dealers work out better deals without.

Last edited:

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
and who says you have to buy that one? and who says you have to pay that price?

the fact is that one can order a 5.4 raptor for very little over invoice. making the raptor 36k and not 48k!

Again,

My point being that the sticker was $48K. I'm certainly not going to buy it for that price

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Again,

My point being that the sticker was $48K. I'm certainly not going to buy it for that price

and my point is that is does not cost that much. they are selling for well under msrp here in az, a place where the demand should be very high. if you can get one here at 36k or 37k+ depending on options you can get one most anywhere at these prices!

the raptor does NOT cost 48k msrp!

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
and my point is that is does not cost that much. they are selling for well under msrp here in az, a place where the demand should be very high. if you can get one here at 36k or 37k+ depending on options you can get one most anywhere at these prices!

the raptor does NOT cost 48k msrp!

Must be nice to live out west. OUt here, there are always monster mark-ups on new cars/trucks and it's doubtful they'll ever go down.

BTW, was in there Monday. They sold it for......sticker: $48K and the same dealer is asking $45K for a 09 GT500 with 2k miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread