Local Company Ultra-Carbon

Turbosnake95

Established Member
This is a local company that I have been following on FB for awhile. They are turning out some amazing stuff.

Wonder how much weight loss you could achieve by switching out the following to Carbon Fiber products:

-Deck Lid
-Hood
-Doors x2

Paint everything factory color and no one is the wiser on your weight reduction ;-)

Check out the 2010–2014 Stock Style Doors that will allow the use of all stock parts.

http://www.ultra-carbon.com/products/trunk-lids/

Maybe go extreme and do the following to a '13-'14 GT500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3GRcRaVVs

Thought I would share.

Last edited:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
True, but if you were to paint the parts factory color you could just do a piece or two every year till complete ;-)

Exactly!! I'm eventually going with a carbon fiber hood and then I will have that painted and striped. A little more money up front for the carbon fiber but you save hours of time at the body shop for prep work!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Exactly!! I'm eventually going with a carbon fiber hood and then I will have that painted and striped. A little more money up front for the carbon fiber but you save hours of time at the body shop for prep work!

Isn't our hood aluminum already?

Tom

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
My god in heaven. That full carbon corvette was gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the carbon fiber look but still. A work of art.

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
Isn't our hood aluminum already?

Tom

I'm going to be switching my hood solely for aesthetics, I like the Black Mamba Hood. It looks a lot like the Super Snake Hood, only I can get it in CF, which reduces labor costs in the body shop. Fiber glass hoods usually require a lot of prep work.

dustin88lx

Established Member
I spoke with Greg a few days back actually ordered one of their carbon fiber seats which average 3.5-4.5# they average out about 9# after proper chrome moly support brackets are made. The trunk lid can save you up to 25# but unfortunately he doesn't make ones and the others on the market or either extremely light and require zeus fasteners or are made for everyday use with factory like supporting brackets and don't drop enough weight to be worthwhile. The hood if compared to our factory aluminum hood isn't worth while, due to the supporting brackets that need to be made to secure the hood zeus fasteners again and make the hood more rigid. The doors are very nice, he offers a outlaw style door(Lexan windows) and a OEM variant that will accept factory glass and regulators. This piece is supposed to be 25# ($48/lb) lighter per door at $2400 plus prep, paint, fitting. Apparently most of the weight in the doors are coming from the motors, regulators, brackets, glass and inside panel. If you are already at your wits end on loosing weight with other mods then they are worthwhile, but otherwise as much as I would love to get them for my car, I have 50# I can still cut out of the car for free.

Users who are viewing this thread