Loading a primer tube

fishpick

Established Member
how do you do it?!

Been reloading for years and I hate flipping 100 primers on the tray and then manually pausing the stupid little rubber tip over each one... you hand cramps and it takes forever.

I tried one of the Hornady primer tube loaders that looks like a red plastic 1911 and it sucked loading ever 5th primer upside down.

I feel like this is the unspoken pain with reloading - nobody ever has a good answer...

So how do YOU fill your primer tube for a Hornady AP progressive reloading press... (it's not a Dillon - so no go there).

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I have the Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime.
If you read on some of the reloading forums most people need to go through the Vibra Prime and polish some areas that have excess plastic flashing.
I am also using a Hornady LnL AP Progressive.
I have found that the Dillon primer tubes take much less force than the Hornady ones.

fishpick

Established Member
@Thump_rrr - I might have to Amazon one of them up... that's hornady one gave me such nightmares I figured they all were crap.
This topic is one I don't usually see much info on anywhere - so - why not ask in a car forum, right? ;)

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a plastic RCBS primer flipper tray. I just dump a box of primers into it and shake it back and forth for a few seconds. Then I push the reloader tube down over the primers to fill it up.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I have a plastic RCBS primer flipper tray. I just dump a box of primers into it and shake it back and forth for a few seconds. Then I push the reloader tube down over the primers to fill it up.
The problem the OP is experiencing is that the Hornady tubes require a lot more effort than the Dillon tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread