LMR SVE Hood Vents

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Has anyone had any experience with the SVE hood vent (LFP design) the Late Model Resto sells? They look like the LFP ones but are $18 cheaper with the discount code. They say aluminum and look good in pictures. Just curious before i become the Ginny pig.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
They said they have only been selling these but for a couple months. But they didn't have any experience with the LFP ones to compare the two. I'm likely going to order a set. If they are sub par LMR is good on returns. Hopefully order soon.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
Does anyone have some good pictures of the LFP ones they could post? some good all around pictures. I ordered a set of SVE and they should be here shortly. I will post pictures for other people to see.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I would be interested but the review on there makes it seem like fitment is just like the LFP ones.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have also looked at these. Where are you seeing a discount code?

I didn't see a discount I read the review on LMR's website. I'm sure if you post in the LMR section they will pm you the SVTP discount code.

Please keep this updated if you don't have to take a file to your hoods I'd be interested in a set.

I'D WIN

Established Member
I bought mine direct thru LFP for $134. They look great and I only had to file down the original openings slightly.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
The code i used was LMR6. I also found them for $168 through LFP. Either way, I got the SVE hood vents in and installed over the weekend. I don't know how they compare to the LFP ones but I was overall happy with them. Minimal shaving needed for fitment. Literally took me about 10 minutes of total install time. But from what I understand this is normal for some hoods. Good quality, sturdy. The backs of the clips have a rubber plug on them for protection under the hood (these can be seen in the below pictures).

Vent overview.jpg Vent Rear View.jpg Vent side view.jpg Vent disassembled.jpg Vent Pieces.jpg

04dreamcobra

Established Member
One side.jpg Two sides.jpg underside.jpg

If anyone else want a different view let me know. Again, these are the SVE Hood Vents purchased from Late Model Restoration. Hope this helps anyone on the fence! I would still like some comparison pics if the LFP hood vents if anyone has multiple views to compare. Thanks!

Franco

Established Member
I paid 140 from lfp shipped. Just go on thier eBay store and put in a lower offer.

They fit pretty nice a little filing required.

The ones from lmr look exactly like the lfp ones

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
All hoods are different as the openings were hand cut - mine was terrible when I put in my LFP's. It took two hours of carefully removing fiberglass using a dremel. It would have been 10 hours with a manual file. I had to make a cardboard template to use to make sure I was removing material in the right spots. The problem for me was the corners were way off.

dblj32774

DSG Vert
Established Member
I did the eBay thing as well. Started at $130 and was declined. Went to $145 and LFP accepted. So I paid an extra $5, oh well. Ships today. Should have them by next week. Will keep you informed.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
All hoods are different as the openings were hand cut - mine was terrible when I put in my LFP's. It took two hours of carefully removing fiberglass using a dremel. It would have been 10 hours with a manual file. I had to make a cardboard template to use to make sure I was removing material in the right spots. The problem for me was the corners were way off.

Yes mine was the same. I came in expecting a 10min install and ended up taking a couple hours with a dremel.

04dreamcobra

Established Member
Yes mine was the same. I came in expecting a 10min install and ended up taking a couple hours with a dremel.

Sounds like I was a lucky case. I used a piece of sandpaper and dremel with flapper disk. Only a few minutes of work on each. Most of the work was in the corners.

dblj32774

DSG Vert
Established Member
Just installed mine. Had to Dremel. It was the top front edge and those corners, about 15 minutes each for me. These were the LFP vents.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread