Lloyd Carr Officially Retiring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3117704

Most people knew it was coming when he scheduled the press conference for tomorrow morning, but he made it official today after speaking with the AP.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, he won a national title, countless big ten titles, put a competitive, talented team on the field every year, and kept the program clean and respectful (more than colleges like USC can say).

On the other hand, I feel he should have had at least one more, maybe two more national championships with some of the teams Michigan has had over the last 10 years. Also, finishing every season with two losses has been very pleasant lately.

The search for a successor begins!

What of it?

bone stock

Established Member
Thank god!! I'm sure that Ohio State fans will be saddened more then Michigan fans. Hopefully whats his face from LSU is the head coach next season for Michigan.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's about time. He had a great winning percentage (.752), a National Championship, 5 Big10 titles, and was 17-9 against top 10 teams, but it was time. 4 straight losses to OSU (and 6 of the last 7) and losses in the bowls is unforgiveable. He'll be missed, but it's time to get the program back on track.

94cobramike

Established Member
i am sad for 2 reasons....

1. he had a hard time beating osu the past few years... (6 of 7)
2. he was easy to make funny cheers about

other than that i am kinda indiffrent :shrug:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Its a hard call...not all of it is his fault. But being the Head Coach you are the one thats is going to take most of the Blame. Right now I also believe that PSU and FSU head coaches are close to the same fate. Its time for them to retire....Joe PA is 80+ friggen years old LOL and Bowden is close to 80 years old. They should retire and enjoy the rest of their lives.

Last edited:

94cobramike

Established Member
ya i agree about joe pa and bowden, if i were them i would retire and just relax...... but maybe it is just what they really enjoy doing :shrug: who knows?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
If joe pa retires I think the man will have nothing left to live for, PSU football is his life, the mans gonna go out like he should one day on the field in front of 110,000 screaming fans....it will be the sadest day in college football

Users who are viewing this thread