livewire wont connect

gtwo

Established Member
so my 9600 sct livewire will not connect to my computer, it will light up and power on but cant retrieve my stock tune or any other interactions between my laptop and the device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled severeal times, checked drivers, all my (very) limited computer knowledge goes. I am intent on learning it though so any help would be appreciated. :shrug:

gtwo

Established Member
Its Windows 7, I can get the updater to open just not connect to device. It will read the serial number and the eec(?) Number. Ill post some screenshots later.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Have you gone into device manager to see if the tuner's drivers are cooperating?

+1

I used Windows 8 with mine and had connection problems. I went to the device manager section under control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers and clicked on the yellow icon sub-heading beneath the SCT heading and then it worked.

gtwo

Established Member
Mine has no yellow next to it, or jungo, or any other. Very frustrating.

gtwo

Established Member
Tried updating driver, says Windows detects you have up to date driver already installed.

VegasMichael

Established Member

MickeyD

Established Member
If it is saying that the drivers are already installed properly I would go into the install/uninstall programs option and uninstall the current driver package then go about re-installing the program. I had to do this the other week to get my Device Updater Program to communicate with the tuner.

gtwo

Established Member
got it working today, uninstalled everything again-returned my car to stock-reinstalled all the downloads-updated my firmware-connected device-BAM- it works! thanks for all your help, now expect a barrage of datalogging questions. thanks for any help you may give me when they do come.

Users who are viewing this thread