Livewire question??

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I was using my Livewire today on the HP and TQ estimates, and I was wondering how accurate this thing actually is. Has anyone checked this with and actual dyno tune. If so how accurate was it for you. I'm not sure how accurate it was for me. I will be going to VT soon to check on the dyno and we'll see then. Until then Lets see how it worked for you. :beer: :beer:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Damn, I knew this was going to happen. Not many guys here like the livewire. I guess I'll find out on my own how accurate this thing is on Monday. I'll get it dyno'd at VT and we'll see then.

Al

COBRATT46

COOOBRAAAAAA!!!!!
Established Member
RoadZOmbie said:
Give the guys on here some time....it is the weekend and most are out getting hammered or hammering their cars. lol I

I'm hammered......can't hammer my car when you are hammered.

+1:beer:

Black Stang 97

Established Member
i had the livewire for about 3 weeks..... i didnt like it... it actually made me have less hp!!:cuss: lmao!!! i have a dyno sheet to prove it too!!! we tried tuning it on the dyno but it didnt give me more hp..it put down less to the wheels.. i made more hp on the stock tune... the only thing that it did do was change my air fuel ratio to where its supposed to be with my mods... i sold it after 3 weeks....:pepper:

ps. i even contacted sct but nothing ever really happen.... so i was like eh, and sold it...

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Black Stang 97 said:
i had the livewire for about 3 weeks..... i didnt like it... it actually made me have less hp!!:cuss: lmao!!! i have a dyno sheet to prove it too!!! we tried tuning it on the dyno but it didnt give me more hp..it put down less to the wheels.. i made more hp on the stock tune... the only thing that it did do was change my air fuel ratio to where its supposed to be with my mods... i sold it after 3 weeks....:pepper:

ps. i even contacted sct but nothing ever really happen.... so i was like eh, and sold it...

Yeah, I know how you feel (or felt). I am second guessing myself for buying it now.

FYI today I dyno'd my car and the Livewire was about 6% (give or take a couple %) off. Livewire said I was at 292 (which I would have loved), and on VT's Dyno I was at 275HP.

I was just pumped because I dyno'd with Alternative Performance and I was 261 on his dyno. I seafoam'd the car and now I am at 275:pepper: ! I know its still not much, but it is alot better than 261. :beer:

Black Stang 97

Established Member
BMF42 said:
Yeah, I know how you feel (or felt). I am second guessing myself for buying it now.

FYI today I dyno'd my car and the Livewire was about 6% (give or take a couple %) off. Livewire said I was at 292 (which I would have loved), and on VT's Dyno I was at 275HP.

I was just pumped because I dyno'd with Alternative Performance and I was 261 on his dyno. I seafoam'd the car and now I am at 275:pepper: ! I know its still not much, but it is alot better than 261. :beer:

nice numbers with just the sea foam..... yeah on the pix the livewire looks amazing and they claim to be the greatest tuner ever... but after reading all the problems on the sct forums, i got convinced to sell it....im pretty sure the x-cal is a better unit...just that the livewire needed more revision before it was released

Users who are viewing this thread