Livernois Stage 1 CNC 5.0L Heads

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I posted photos quite a while back of our development 5.0L head and our stage 1 head is now ready for release. We are currently working on stage 2 and stage 3 heads, which will be available shortly.

All of our cylinder head development, flow work, and cnc machining is done in-house at our Dearborn Heights facility.

TPG_6812_copy.jpg

TPG_6808_copy.jpg

TPG_6816_copy.jpg

DSC_1822.jpg

Picture43.jpg

DSC_1759.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Cores are not readily available at this point, so a customer supplied head would be required. They can be sent fully assembled or disassembled.

A) Customer supplied heads sent bare and clean - $899.00/pr. + shipping. CNC ONLY (for optimum flow, we highly recommend a valve job and custom ground valves). For an additional $100.00, we can disassemble and return to customer bare with all associated parts.

B) Customer supplied heads sent fully assembled or bare (with all associated parts) - $1,299.00 + shipping.

• 5 axis CNC machining
• Custom CNC valve job
• Custom ground factory intake valves
• Custom ground factory exhaust valves
• OEM valve seals, locks, retainers, and valve springs
• Cleaned and assembled w/o camshafts

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
When do you anticipate cam availability. If i'm gonna take the head off, I'm gonna put in cams.

Honestly, I'm not sure.... we want a set badly for our car.

flow gain? hp gain?

At this time, we would rather not post flow numbers. There is more to making power than just the peak flow numbers. As soon as we post our numbers, someone will one up us and post higher numbers.

While flow is a factor to some extent there are several other variables including runner design, port size, port shape, valve job, etc.

The stage one is available now using a customer core and we are currently working on stage 2 and stage 3 development. Once all 3 stages are done, we plan to put a stock engine on our engine dyno and test all 3 stages so power gains can be posted.

The only set we currently have on a vehicle are on our 2011 Mustang GT shop car. At the time they were installed, we had an event to attend and not much time, so we also raised compression to 12:1. With stock compression with supporting bolt-on's, I'd say you should see 30+ RWHP.

We saw gains of 41 RWHP. Existing mods were Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Stainless Works Catted Mid-Pipe, Stainless Works Catback, Steeda CAI, 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft, Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune.

Our car at full weight (3,680 with driver) ran 11.15 @ 122 mph.

Good stuff Rick Looks like I'll be calling you next week. I to will do a set of your cams with the heads.:beer:

Sounds good Rick. We can do heads ASAP, just not sure on cams...

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
No offense, but, I'd like to see flow numbers and dyno numbers before I drop money on a set of heads. I know you guys know your stuff, but, it's kinda odd to put heads up for sale without flow OR dyno figures to back up what you're selling. Who cares what other companies post? I don't even see anyone else offering head work yet.

Travis

SVT_4_me

Established Member
No offense, but, I'd like to see flow numbers and dyno numbers before I drop money on a set of heads. I know you guys know your stuff, but, it's kinda odd to put heads up for sale without flow OR dyno figures to back up what you're selling. Who cares what other companies post? I don't even see anyone else offering head work yet.

Travis

yeah, i agree...

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
well, dont post numbers then. it's your option. but dont expect peeps to send their high dollar heads. nobody seems to want to post flow numbers. it makes me wonder why.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i see the point on both sides. as a customer i want to know what im buying. as a business i want to beat the competition to the market and have the best product.

yes, some businesses will play the one up game and lie about the numbers, but in the end word of mouth is what will rule the day.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Like Rick said without port length, cross section, chamber design, etc flow numbers have almost no value outside of comforting the uninformed. Livernois performs, enough said. Dyno numbers on a stock motor would be nice.though.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Livernois performs, enough said.

This is true, but at the same time as a consumer you want to know what you're buying...not just that you're buying from a well known and established company. Not like Livernois is gonna screw you, but still.

It's not like you bought the '11 GT because you knew that Ford was a good company...you bought the GT because you saw the specs and performance of it (from spec sheets and magazine tests). I doubt many people bought the new GT (or any other performance car for that matter) without knowing the numbers and performance and just said 'Well heck, company xyz is good at making cars, so I trust that this new car is going to be good, so I don't need to look at specs'.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Like Rick said without port length, cross section, chamber design, etc flow numbers have almost no value outside of comforting the uninformed. Livernois performs, enough said. Dyno numbers on a stock motor would be nice.though.

They most certainly do mean something. Granted, you can't dictate HP gains solely by looking at flow numbers, but, it'll give you an idea.

Travis

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
They most certainly do mean something. Granted, you can't dictate HP gains solely by looking at flow numbers, but, it'll give you an idea.

Travis

Something? yes. not much though. A 215cc port that flows 300cfm is much less efficient than a 195cc port that also flows that much. It's an over valued statistic unless the whole picture is taken into account.

It's kind of a like a batter hitting .400 on a last place baseball team. That one individual stat doesn't indicate the success of the overall package.

Users who are viewing this thread