Livernois Motorsports Built 298 Stroker and ProCharger Build

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Another great build coming through the doors of Livernois Motorsports. This time it’s a 2008 Ford Mustang 4.6L Roush for some major upgrades.

We’re starting with our Livernois Motorsports Pro Series 298 Stroker long block to make a great base to build power and support the ProCharger D1SC.

Other Mods included:
Livernois Motorsports 4.6L 3V 9.4 to 1 Pro Series Short Block
Livernois Motorsports Powerstorm Billet Oil Pump Gears
Livernois Motorsports Powerstorm Stage 3 Pro Series Blower Cams
Livernois Motorsports Crank Scraper
Livernois Motorsports MyCalibrator Tuner
Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune
Livernois Motorsports Powerstorm Stage 2.5 Heads
Long Tube Headers
Upgraded Balancer
FRFP Fuel system
ID850 Injectors
McLeod RST Twin Disk Clutch
Full 3” Exhaust
And much more!

The injectors and fuel pumps were replaced for an E85 converison but starting with a 93 octane tune to see how much it will make!

Stay tuned fro more results!

For all your performance installation needs, contact Livernois Motorsports TODAY!
(313) 561-5500
[email protected]
www.livernoismotorsports.com

Edgerly Stock  (1).jpg

Edgerly Stock 2 (1).jpg

Recon

Established Member
Get that M90 swapped out for the TVS. Much more efficient power.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Recon

Established Member
Missed that, my bad. Went straight to the good stuff.
Tell the owner they need to sell me the brake cooling ducts and the gauge pod in the interior.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Five-0

Established Member
Following this. Running a D1SC on my stock block, but want to build it and push it to its limits. Curios what it's capable of!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Following this. Running a D1SC on my stock block, but want to build it and push it to its limits. Curios what it's capable of!
Your most likely to the limits of comfort on the o.e. short block, gaskets and fasteners now. We don't like to push the o.e. 3v's past the 450wheel range. You didn't mention what kind of power you were making.
You can see by this build what the Head unit is good for on a certain fuel both pump 93 and E85. The block, heads, camshafts supporting equipment are all part of the foundation to support the power. We had to hit a target budget point on this build as a whole. If we had more budget we would have gone with a sleeved big bore 323 gone with a bigger valve/seats on the head and maybe our stage 3 blower cams. Though this car drove so nice with the ones we ran in this combo it's tough to go to the bigger ones. I think it would be fine with the extra cubes. Also word is Procharger is working on some neat new stuff to hopefully bridge the gap between these units and the F series stuff.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Motor is ready! Waiting on some final components and it will be in the car in no time.

We double keyed the aftermarket damper and the crankshaft, a service we do here for a couple reasons. We place the second key 180 degrees from stock to ensure the damper does not spin off the crank at the snout. This also helps as a safety adder, to not rely on the stock single key for engagement.

Edgerly 1 SMALL  (2).jpg

Edgerly 2 SMALL (2).jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the D1 can definitely make plenty of power!

random question - who's fittings do you all use for fuel system upgrades?

Five-0

Established Member
Your most likely to the limits of comfort on the o.e. short block, gaskets and fasteners now. We don't like to push the o.e. 3v's past the 450wheel range. You didn't mention what kind of power you were making.
You can see by this build what the Head unit is good for on a certain fuel both pump 93 and E85. The block, heads, camshafts supporting equipment are all part of the foundation to support the power. We had to hit a target budget point on this build as a whole. If we had more budget we would have gone with a sleeved big bore 323 gone with a bigger valve/seats on the head and maybe our stage 3 blower cams. Though this car drove so nice with the ones we ran in this combo it's tough to go to the bigger ones. I think it would be fine with the extra cubes. Also word is Procharger is working on some neat new stuff to hopefully bridge the gap between these units and the F series stuff.

I'm at 496 RWHP at 10-11 lbs. I know it's pushing it, and I have a spare block and heads ready to build for when mine lets go, haha. I was just curious what the head unit can do on our cars with the proper foundation. Definitely curious what Procharger will come out with, I don't want to have to jump to an F-series if I don't have to. Side note, what are you guys planning to use for a catch can/ breather set-up? I have breathers but prefer a catch can.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Livernois Motorpsports Powerstorm 298 Stroker has made it into the car! We will be adding the ProCharger and some of the other mods at this time, then its off to be tuned! Can't wait to see the power output.

Motor In SMALL 1.jpg

Motor In SMALL 2.jpg

Our custom Livernois Motorsports CNC'd valve covers make a great touch to this build. Some under the hood bling to match.

Motor In SMALL 3.jpg

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm at 496 RWHP at 10-11 lbs. I know it's pushing it, and I have a spare block and heads ready to build for when mine lets go, haha. I was just curious what the head unit can do on our cars with the proper foundation. Definitely curious what Procharger will come out with, I don't want to have to jump to an F-series if I don't have to. Side note, what are you guys planning to use for a catch can/ breather set-up? I have breathers but prefer a catch can.

We did not run a catch can on that combo. O.E. style pcv system is route we took.

Recon

Established Member
I've always loved that black lung intake. Looks great. Plan on getting it for my GT. Valve covers look good. I'm interested in seeing what she puts down. I should've bought a Trak Pak.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread