Livernois Motorsports 6.2L Raptor Cam Swap Results/Video

JoeRacer

Established Member
How's the gas mileage after this? Affected much at all? I'll be getting a Raptor sometime this year & will be looking for daily driver friendly mods.

Seriously? You haven't quiet thought this one through have you .... Instead of worrying about gas mileage friendly mods for a Raptor, maybe you should just daily drive something that doesn't get 10mpg if the gas mileage is such a big deal.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Seriously? You haven't quiet thought this one through have you .... Instead of worrying about gas mileage friendly mods for a Raptor, maybe you should just daily drive something that doesn't get 10mpg if the gas mileage is such a big deal.

:lol:

He's only worried about mods and gas mileage because that's the only part of the car he's actually going to have to pay for himself. :whine:

Last edited:

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Rick, nice results 405/410 is sweet! :pepper:

...any update on this customer's driving impressions off/on-road, mileage changes, etc?

Possibly I missed it but what's the VCT +/- range with the phasers installed?

Dan

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Rick, nice results 405/410 is sweet! :pepper:

...any update on this customer's driving impressions off/on-road, mileage changes, etc?

Possibly I missed it but what's the VCT +/- range with the phasers installed?

Dan

Dan,

Thanks!

The customer is loving it! He said that mileage didn't change, but he drives it much harder now than before.

The VCT range is 20 degrees.

Thank you,

Rick

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Dan,

Thanks!

The customer is loving it! He said that mileage didn't change, but he drives it much harder now than before.

The VCT range is 20 degrees.

Thank you,

Rick

Thanks -- 20* (+/-10, I assume) ...not bad ...still will see some benefit from VCT then.

I just had to reread what you said about the mileage -- mileage didn't change, but he drives it much harder now? Doesn't sound right -- either the tune is leaner or his perception is incorrect (or the laws of thermodynamics have changed -lol). Was the stock tune really fat?

slowbra1

Established Member
it is the displacement and potential of the new head designs and possibility for direct injection, the 5.8 is nice, but its older less efficient technology. A 4 valve 6.2 means a large displacement engine ready to suck in a major volume of air. Also it will likely respond to mods easy and be a non-supercharged motor so less stress on parts.

It would be a good future engine larger bore can take more stroke also so it has a ton of upside.

Users who are viewing this thread