LiveLink Gen II, BDX/RevX

cschuette

Established Member
G'morning everyone

I have searched and searched and found no answer to this issue besides use LiveLink 6.5 (which I can't get to work with the BDX/RevX tuner btw - doesn't recognize it as being plugged in even after uninstalling Gen II and it's associated drivers)

Here's my issue:
I have a tune coming from VMP so I have been playing with getting my config file set up. I had issues with IAT2, but with the help of my work (I develop scan tools for a living - I have access to all the ECU/ PID addresses) I was able to create this PID and get it to monitor correctly by utilizing the Create User Defined PID option on the LiveLink software.

However, MAF Counts and/or Volts do not work. It simply states it failed to set up.

Funny thing is; even when I hook the OEM Ford IDS scan tool to it, the only MAF related PIDs are MAF_Rate (Which works on LiveLink) and MAF Status which is either Fault or No Fault.

I'm now wondering if the stock ECU Calibration is older than the guys who are able to successfully log these PIDs? ECU Tear Tag shows AMZ1, but hard telling what calibration is actually in the ECU.

Has anyone found success with this topic? I plan on checking the ECU tonight and see if there is an updated cal. for it... then hopefully I get my VMP tune to write over that. Just a little hesitant to do this incase the AMZ1 turns into AMZ2 (for example) and throws my VMP tune off.

cschuette

Established Member
Ended up being an issue with the bdx platform. SCT claimed an update was coming to fix it but I couldn't wait on them.

Ultimately had American muscle do an exchange for the x4 which is working flawlessly

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Good to know. I have a X3 but was thinking of upgrading to something with a better display for monitoring. Seems like the X4 is the way to go, though the LIvewire looks nice. Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread