LIVE this afternoon!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gridlife is at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this afternoon and tomorrow, live streamed!

I had bought a ticket to go, but after having so many issues early in the season, I sold it; now that the car feels sorted, I wish I had gone. The competition is going to be wild. There's a car running in the Super Unlimited category that's shooting to break the OVERALL track record, set by an IndyCar last month (1m06.461s). Helio Castroneves held the record of 1m07.7 since early 2000, and Christian Lundgaard beat it.

Robin Shute in his TCS-FS prototype is gunning for it. Robin is a four-time Pikes Peak champion.

6498a4c21eac1.image.jpg

Randy Probst holds to production car record of 1m27.62 in a McLaren Senna. The top tier Unlimited and Super Unlimited cars will all be below that. The next classes, Track Mod and Street mod are gunning for a sub 28.

If you have time, tune in this afternoon and check it out. My buddy, who's car caught on fire 3 weeks ago, has it all back together and is running. I think his number is #27, Brad Perkins.

Here is the livestream:

blk02edge

Established Member
Ferrari ran a 1.05.7 at Laguna with an F1 car, I wish mr. super mod the best of luck

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
in 2012, an F2003.

Looks like he's done a 1.17 so far in practice... again, best of luck on that ambitious goal lol.

looking into that car, I believe he'll get down to the 1.12's

He'll break 1:10. He passed 5 or 6 cars on the 1:17 lap.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Guess this is an un muffled event ha ha (Laguna Seca has some tight sound regs usually for those that dont know).

GREAT track.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guess this is an un muffled event ha ha (Laguna Seca has some tight sound regs usually for those that dont know).

GREAT track.

Yeah, today and tomorrow are unlimited sound.

JFC this announcer needs to put the mic down and walk away

Kyle is a good dude, overly energetic announcer though haha

blk02edge

Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish i had a list of all the cars and mods. Sort of tough to follow

Yeah, it's tough. Most have with been with the series all season..but some haven't.

I'm maintaining my initial prediction. maaaaybe a 1:11 or a high 1:10 but that was a good clean run at 1:13

Supposedly he's only been at level 5 boost...out of 9. The Podium Sprint he'll shed time. He'll have two laps by himself on track.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah, it's tough. Most have with been with the series all season..but some haven't.

Supposedly he's only been at level 5 boost...out of 9. The Podium Sprint he'll shed time. He'll have two laps by himself on track.
seems crazy to waste chances rather than full send off the bat

Users who are viewing this thread