Little run in with an 05-07 GT today.

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
Might have been a little unfair on my part, but, I usually have a full bottle for such occasions. I should have went without it. Cliffs notes at bottom

I was the instegator. Stop light on a 4 lane highway. I pulled up next to him, gave him a Rev and thumbs up and he troughs a rev back (sounded stock), Nice, finally a race. Me, bottle open, warm and happy, I through a purge and see the smile drain from his face. Green Light from a dig I had about 3 to 5 cars,on him by 90-100 I can never really judge that well. Didn't get to talk was going to pick my kid up at day care. (glad I got that race out of the way)
I did slow down and he gave me the thumbs up. It has been a long winter and that is the first real action I have seen since Sept. so it was fun.
Mods are as follows:
LS6 Intake, Mac Mid Length headers, Magna Flow Cat Back, No Cats, LID, 4.10's, Tune ,some suspension crap, Mcleod Twin disk and a dry 100 Shot of
N2O between 3000 and 5500 RPM.

Cliff Notes
00WS6 VS 05-07 GT from Dig, Revs exchanged, green light, race ensues. WS6 about 3-5 cars up by 100, thumbs up exchanged, go on our merry ways.

Last edited:

Maxo869

Established Member
You probably had him by 5-6 cars.... I love nice friendly races against other american cars... Nice kill...:rockon:

Maxo869

Established Member
Thanks man! :thumbsup: it actually took first place in that picture for modified Mach 1 at a local car show here in sothern cali...

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
I know, was sharp car though, had very nice chrome rims and it is was black, best color on a car.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
LS1Mike said:
Might have been a little unfair on my part, but, I usually have a full bottle for such occasions. I should have went without it. Cliffs notes at bottom

I was the instegator. Stop light on a 4 lane highway. I pulled up next to him, gave him a Rev and thumbs up and he troughs a rev back (sounded stock), Nice, finally a race. Me, bottle open, warm and happy, I through a purge and see the smile drain from his face. Green Light from a dig I had about 3 to 5 cars,on him by 90-100 I can never really judge that well. Didn't get to talk was going to pick my kid up at day care. (glad I got that race out of the way)
I did slow down and he gave me the thumbs up. It has been a long winter and that is the first real action I have seen since Sept. so it was fun.
Mods are as follows:
LS6 Intake, Mac Mid Length headers, Magna Flow Cat Back, No Cats, LID, 4.10's, Tune ,some suspension crap, Mcleod Twin disk and a dry 100 Shot of
N2O between 3000 and 5500 RPM.

Cliff Notes
00WS6 VS 05-07 GT from Dig, Revs exchanged, green light, race ensues. WS6 about 3-5 cars up by 100, thumbs up exchanged, go on our merry ways.
:lol: That's classic! Nice kill.

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
It had just been so long since I had the car out and the bottle was all ready to go(planned on using it on an on ramp).
It is a 2000 with just shy of 37,000 miles on it. I don't use it much in the winter, that is what "Big Poo" is for.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
Shessh...I would be willing to bet you could have taken him fairly easily without the Juice! Talk about overkill haha

Overkill? Hell no. If I have the chance to beat someone by a block and a half, by God I'm gonna do it anyway I can. lol

Nice kill man :thumbsup:

GoNSyco

Established Member
Thats kinda what I was thinking. I figured you would beat him by more with the bottle, at least 6 cars. I'd assume about 3 cars off the bottle.

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
It has always been hard for me to judge car lengths while looking in the rear view mirror going triple digits, I don't know how everyone else does it so well...

Users who are viewing this thread