Little Rock or Minot....

OU812

Established Member
My stateside listing came out and my only two choices I have are Little Rock or Minot! Talk about a kick in the nuts! Anyway, I put LR as my only choice and now I'm playing the waiting game. I'm looking for some feedback on either of the bases from someone that's actually been there, I always get the typical "those places suck" but the people saying that heard it from a friend that heard from another friend type of thing. Any real feedback out there?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Pm 99cobra2881. He spent a few years in little rock. I was there a couple times to visit. Beautiful countryside full of stupid people. Some badass lakes not far away too. Roads a fantastic if you like cruising twisty mountain roads. IIRC the closest drag strip was a bit of a drive but that may have changed.
ND is too damn cold in the winter for me.

OU812

Established Member
LR over Minot. Once you get there put in your BOP for Homestead ARB. They're starting to take AD. What's your job btw?

I can't do a BOP anymore man, way past that point. I tried to apply for one leaving here but I was told it was only for first term Airman. I'm hoping I get LR but they only had 1 opening for a TSgt and Minot had 2, I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up there! I'm currently a Hydro guy but our career field is finally balanced again so I can retrain out, I've been trying for the last year and half to retrain to be a flight engineer but AFPC wouldn't take my ETP letter.

clbailey

Established Member
I can't do a BOP anymore man, way past that point. I tried to apply for one leaving here but I was told it was only for first term Airman. I'm hoping I get LR but they only had 1 opening for a TSgt and Minot had 2, I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up there! I'm currently a Hydro guy but our career field is finally balanced again so I can retrain out, I've been trying for the last year and half to retrain to be a flight engineer but AFPC wouldn't take my ETP letter.

Have you tried Korea?

OU812

Established Member
Have you tried Korea?

It's too late for that too, I'll have an assignment by the end of the month. I'm at NCOA now and my old flight chief is the det chief here, they need to hire 3 instructors ASAP. I'm thinking about applying for it while I'm here, I really don't want to spend another 3 years in Japan away from my daughter though.

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
Little Rock is pretty nice compared to why I've heard about Minot.. Im on my terminal leave here now. Nice scenery, low cost of living, and plenty of things to do. Yes, there are plenty of hillbillies, but it makes for a good time. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm!

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Stay away from Minot, complete shit hole. Really not too much to offer. The town is growing, but that is due to the oil rush that's happening on that side of the state. With that growing comes all the trash from the rest of the country trying to earn big money. So much oil trash out there, and crime is increasing every day. I've never been on base, but I can't imagine it being any good. Minot has an 1/8th mile strip, but really, who cares about the 1/8th? Hope for Little Rock.

-Eric

OU812

Established Member
Stay away from Minot, complete shit hole. Really not too much to offer. The town is growing, but that is due to the oil rush that's happening on that side of the state. With that growing comes all the trash from the rest of the country trying to earn big money. So much oil trash out there, and crime is increasing every day. I've never been on base, but I can't imagine it being any good. Minot has an 1/8th mile strip, but really, who cares about the 1/8th? Hope for Little Rock.

-Eric

Well, unfortunately I got Minot, I kind of knew it was coming. I'm being told that they still aren't letting dependents come there because there isn't a lot of housing which sucks! I've spent the last 3 years away from my daughter and planned on her coming to live with me when I got back. I'm probably just going to end up selling my car and buying a SUV or some kind of truck, I can't imagine letting it sit in the garage for 8 months out of the year....it would kill me!

Users who are viewing this thread